 General / 2135
Re: Advice for trip to Billund?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 22:19:04 GMT

I visited in 1989, and took what was supposed to be a day trip out of
Hamburg, Germany.  Because of the train ride into Denmark and bus trip from
the train station to Legoland, we knew our time at the park would be
somewhat short.  We took the earliest train in and asked when the last train
back to Hamburg left.  Everything was going well, and we had a great time at
the park, but once we were on the train and heading back to Germany we made
a disturbing discovery:  the "last train to Hamburg" only went as far as the
German-Danish border!  What ensued was a long evening of hitch-hiking,
including on the Auto-bahn (which I don't recommend), and then a night
sleeping on benches in the park of a small German town (without most of our
stuff, of course).

Moral of the story:  stay the night closer to Billund and double-check train
schedules.

Enjoy your trip,

-John Van

Lorbaat wrote in message ...
Hi there.

I am planning a trip to Europe in April, and plan on visiting Brussells and
Amsterdam.  I would also like to talk my traveling companion into a day (or
two) detour to Legoland Billund.

Can anyone who has been there in the past, or done recent research on the
subject, give me any advice?  At all?  On any aspect of the endeavor?  I • mean,
besides the persuading part, I can handle that on my own :D.

Seriously, though, any sort of advice, anecdotes, etc are needed.  Thanks • in
advance.

eric
eric@thirteen.net