 General / 2095
Re: No way for a LEGO newbie to get up to speed? Unfair!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:52:26 GMT

Mark Tarrabain wrote in message <36A4501C.248EF8CE@lynx.bc.ca>...

So I have to ask, if someone were to want to seriously get into creative
LEGO Technic construction, and were starting out from scratch today,
what choice would they have?

Little.  It's the same process that's happening to the entire line.  As I
mention in another post, Lego is becoming an action toy that requires
assembly, not a building toy that requires imagination.  Everything is using
fewer overall and more specialized pieces, giving people less leeway.

(hrm... in hindsight, maybe this should have gone in lugnet.dear-lego...
but it's not like anybody from TLG actually reads these things.)

Ah, bitterness and cynicism, my two favorite words...well, at least we win
either way.  If LEGO puts out decent stuff we're happy, and if they don't we
can always bitch about it.

Jesse

Jesse The Jolly Jingoist
Looking for answers?