 General / 20484
Re: This is cool!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:39:53 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I was unaware of the vast number of people out there who do not like legos
one
bit.

ADOLS ~ Adult Despisers Of LEGO... scary to think that for every one of
us, there is one of them!  i've met people who think my passion for lego is
an _absolute_ waste of my time and talent and are disgusted by the amount of
$ i spend on it.

Huh.  I haven't gotten any of those.  I have gotten plenty of people that don't
understand, or give the kind of condescending "oh, isn't that nice" response.
The latter is infuriating to me, and I just stop discussing it with them and
move on to other topics (which might mean that some of them are really ADOLs
that I haven't taken the time to unmask).  The others usually end up thinking
it's pretty cool, even if it isn't for them.  Sometimes they will offer me
their old childhood sets, sometimes they will tell me that they went home and
pulled out their old sets (at which point I'll offer-usually unsuccessfully- to
buy them) and sometimes they'll express a desire to play with my Lego a bit.
But usually it turns out in a positive way.

they don't see the value of creative play at all, which is
sad.

Yeah, I think in what I've described above, those people *do* see the value in
creative activities.

FUT lugnet.general, because this isn't castle specific anymore.

eric