 General / 19834
  Lego becoming a household name?

Hi, I remember in one of Brad Justus' first messages here on Lugnet, he claimed that TLC's goal was to become a household name by the year 200x. At that time, I thought it was quite a lofty goal, but with the following licenses, I think it's just a (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego becoming a household name?

(...) I thought Lego *was* a household name! I've never met anyone that's never heard of them! (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego becoming a household name?

(...) Same here, really. I always wondered about Brad's statement to that effect- it sounded more like saying something for the sake of having something to say than anything else. eric (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego becoming a household name?

(...) What message are you all referring to? The only thing close I can find is (URL), where Brad says In creating this new enterprise [LEGO Direct] for the company, we take one more step towards reaching our strategic intent: we want to be the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego becoming a household name?

(...) Gak. You might have caught me out, there- I remember hearing something similar to "We want to be a household name" and thinking that it was already true. It may well have been that he said: (...) and I thought that they already were the (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  More on Lego becoming a household name? Brand

To complement this string, the latest press releases from the LEGO Company state... "...By the year 2005, the company wants the LEGO brand to be the strongest in the world among families with children." This should indeed be an achievable goal, as (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More on Lego becoming a household name? Brand

I think Lego is well on its way towards meeting its goal. I'll bet that if you ask almost any parent if they know what Legos are they'll say yes. I think the same could be said for most kids but they have to make the kids want the sets. I'd like to (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego becoming a household name?

(...) Yes that's the message I was referring to! "The strongest brand" is quite a lofty goal, in my opinion. But with TLC's recent marketing strategies/moves, it's only a matter of time. :) (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego becoming a household name?

(...) Many people know the name 'Lego', but they apply it to any kind of Lego-like blocks such as Mega Bloks, Tyco, etc. (24 years ago, 13-Jul-00, to lugnet.general)

  (canceled)