 General / 19837
Re: Lego becoming a household name?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:35:36 GMT

Lorbaat <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:
Same here, really.  I always wondered about Brad's statement to that
effect- it sounded more like saying something for the sake of having
something to say than anything else.

What message are you all referring to? The only thing close I can find is
<http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=11596>, where Brad says

  In creating this new enterprise [LEGO Direct] for the company, we take
  one more step towards reaching our strategic intent: we want to be the
  strongest brand in the world amongst families by the year 2005.

That's a bit more than "merely" becoming a household name....  But either
way, I think Eric is right in that it sounds more like marketingspeak than
actual content.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/