 General / 18074
Re: Languages of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 15:48:46 GMT

Selçuk Göre <ssgore@superonline.com> wrote in message
news:38EEFE3C.F850C5A1@superonline.com...

Add Turkish catalogs (published since 1984 or 1985) to the list. They
are originally from TLC itself, since they always have a "Turkish as a
second language" type of style. The usual warning messages on the boxes
are started to be seen in Turkish too.

Selçuk

I don't have any idea of what Turkish looks like.  What alphabet is used?
Brickshelf Catalogue scans from 1984(cme) and 1985(cme)  show what I thought
to be Arabic.  Are these the catalogues that you are referring or are you
speaking of different ones?   Maybe, I'm completely wrong.
Could I be mistaking  Turkish for Arabic?  I thought Turkish used a
different alphabet than Arabic now.   Please, could you/would you clarify
any of this for me?
thanks,
sheree