 General / 1803
Re: more Mindstorms FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 06:56:18 GMT

Also sprach Todd Lehman:
: Anyone interested in collaborating on a Mindstorms FAQ (or any LEGO-oriented
: FAQ) may want to get in touch with Jeff Thompson <jthompson@teubner.com> and
: Jim Baker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org>, who, among others, are beginning to
: organize a new, all-encompassing online LEGO FAQ to replace the old RTL FAQ.

If anyone is interested, a new group has been created, lugnet.faq, for
just this sort of thing.

The status is'just getting started' ... I had outlined some stuff but I
wasn't moving on it - due to Tom's reluctance to relinquish the RTL faq
- until Todd sent me a copy of this post.  I'll be trying to start
  coordination with Jeff this weekend.

Todd, your modular approach is a good idea, and once Jeff and I get
organized we'll probably want to discuss it with you.

Ob-on-topic: the initial publication will probably focus on general
topics, but a specialized Mindstorms faq is an excellent idea, and since
I am not particularly proficient with it, an enthusiast would be welcome
for at least oversight duties.  Same goes for other special topics, like
trains, which could use the guidance of someone who knows more than the
organizers.

I intend to write large portions of the faq myself, of course.  I'm not
asking others to write it for me.  But there are certain areas where
consultation witth a pro would be helpful ...

/ _ _ / _ _        "Suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a
()(-(//((-/                  member of Congress.  But I repeat myself."
                                           - Mark Twain
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============