 General / 17486
Re: wanted: 2x2 classic windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:43:09 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:

Maybe with LEGO Direct we will one day be able to purchase a large quantity of these
2x2 gray windows as well as the low sloped yellow corners.  Maybe between Lar, the
train folks, other AFOLs, and myself, we should be able to get a production run of
both of these items.

Those are indeed great items--and I'm amazed at how rare grey really are.  The fact that
they were never made in black, I find just...weird.  I'm interested in what they
eventually say about the *other* Classic window moulds (especially the multi-pane window
from the 1960s/70s, I think?).  I've been looking at back messages to get an idea of when
each sort of window's "last known appearance" was--but I'm still not quite sure.  Those
1x1x2, 1x4x2, and 1x6x3 windows are especially tempting too--I had a few in my childhood,
now all gone except for one very beaten white 1x4x2.

I'd readily put in an order for 500 2x2 Classic windows in grey, maybe 1000.  I'm less
sure about the yellow low slopes, but I'd go for grey in those too.  ;)  Several people
have lamented that they'd go broke getting in on these lots, and I'd have to add a
resounding (and probably unhelpful) "me too"...but what is wealth, if not measured by
LEGO elements?

best

Lindsay