 General / 17371
Re: Lost Instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 12:58:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Kevin Salm wrote:
From where I am sitting, it does not matter what reasons Kevin Loch has for not
posting instructions of current sets.  Brickshelf is maintained privately and
the operator may do whatever he wishes.  It may be within TLC Fair Play Policy
to allow current set instructions to be made public by private individuals, but
if Kevin does not want to do, then that should be the end of the disucssion.
However, the discussions keep arising every so often.

Kevin has told us repeatedly that his policy of not posting instructions for
currently-available sets is not something he is ready to change.  I am okay
with that.  It may inconvenience me sometimes, but I am okay with it.  On the
larger scale, I am very thankful that someone like Kevin Loch has taken the
time, effort, and expense to post a very comprehensive and high quality archive
of past Lego set instructions and catalogs.  Why he does it and what rules or
limits he sets for himself is his business.

Brickshelf is all we have right now for searching old set instructions and
catalogs.  What would we all do if this site did not exist at all and no one
else cared to do what Kevin has done???

On the one hand I agree with you. On the other hand, I see no reason to
not discuss TLC's policy. There is no reason to shut down discussion
just because Kevin Loch has made a final decision (I would also hope
that his decision is flexible if it becomes apparent that there is not a
legal issue - though he may still chose to continue to not include
current sets, but then in that case, we also should consider supporting
someone else who decides to put up a different web site).

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com