 General / 17370
17369  |  17371
Subject:
Model of an E-3 Sentry (AWACS Plane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 05:05:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Howdy,

I just posted some pictures of my developing attempt to model a Boeing E-3A
Sentry AWACS (I think it stands for Airborn Warning and Control System).

The E-3A is based on the airframe of a civilian 707, with the rather obvious
addition of a big honking radome that lets it look for bad guys, good guys,
and to coordinate getting the good guys where they need to be.

I also posted some pictures that I used for inspiration, in case you want to
compare my efforts to the real thing.

I developed this model in stages, first going for a Boeing 737 (-500?), then
switching to a 707, then finally trying to get the AWACS look down.

Yes, that is pink and McDonalds Happy meal pink in the stripe.  I just wanted
to try something fun and different.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos,

Will