 General / 17415
Re: Model of an E-3 Sentry (AWACS Plane)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:16:56 GMT

Will Middelaer wrote:
In lugnet.general, Drew Lawrence writes:
Microfigure?! An E-3 Sentry deserves more detail then a microfigure scale
model can provide!! I built a B-1 Lancer to minifig scale (I wrecked the
model, and the photos got ruined.. :( ) once, so it can be done ...
Jeez Drew, if you didn't like my first model, you are really going to hate
the ones I made in sub-micro, nano- and pico-scale.

I'm inclined to give the kid a break.  Claiming to have lost both a hugely
complex model *and* the pics to prove it existed, both at the same time,
must've been tough.

Check them out at:

Dang, man!  Dang!  Dang, dang, dang.  I tell you what, dang!  :-,

You've taken the modelling in this scale to a new level.  The engine intakes
on Smallone are awesome!  The curvature of the hull on Med is subtle and very
slick.  And your models' coloration is good.  We just need more shots of the
smallest one.  And some escort fighters.  ;-)

Minor nit on vocab -- I understand nanofig-scale to mean a really really small
scale, maybe around 1/1000 or smaller.  Picofig scale, in turn, would be
useful for modelling planets.

Cheers,
- jsproat

You need me to use the puppets to explain this, don't you?
  - Dr. Schlock