 General / 16051
Re: I have these sets but can't find them in the set listings. Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:47:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gary Istok wrote:

Susan Hoover wrote:

In lugnet.general, Susan Hoover writes:

Anyway, I seem to remember that 125 had 233 pieces, not 222.  It
had a ?x?x1 green baseplate, windows, doors, and two pairs of
wheels with black tires.  Up until I got that set, all of the
LEGO I had played with (at a friend's house) had gray wheels.
There were no minifigs, stiff or otherwise, in this set, and the
doors were not minifig scale. The doors are 1x3x? (maybe 4 high
as Gary says).

I was just looking at my windows 'n' doors, and I found some 1x2x3
doors that do not open.  Now I am confused; which came with the
125, the 1x2x3 that didn't open or the 1x3x4 that did?

No it was the 1x3x4 door.  They started making that one around '73
or '74.  The classic 1x2x3 door (made since '57) was still produced
in a few sets in '75 (#148, #400), but was totally discontinued by
'77, when the regular minifigs came onto the scene.  Around the same
time ('77) the 4 brick high door was discontinued in favor of the 5
brick high doors still in use today.

Hmm.  That answers my question of which one came with set 125, but
leaves me with a puzzle: where did my 1x2x3's come from, then?  The
only sets I got as a child in the 70's were 125, 410, and 420.  All of
the rest of my collection has been obtained since 1993.  I did get some
random parts from a co-worker's son, but that kid was born in the 80's.

Heh.  I just looked at <set:148> and it appears to have both the 1x2x3
and the 1x3x4, in addition to minifigs that don't fit thru either size
door!  Is it possible that set 125 had both?

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX