 General / 16024
Re: I have these sets but can't find them in the set listings. Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:55:13 GMT

Susan Hoover wrote:

In lugnet.general, Susan Hoover writes:

Anyway, I seem to remember that 125 had 233 pieces, not 222.  It had a
?x?x1 green baseplate, windows, doors, and two pairs of wheels with
black tires.  Up until I got that set, all of the LEGO I had played
with (at a friend's house) had gray wheels.  There were no minifigs,
stiff or otherwise, in this set, and the doors were not minifig scale.
The doors are 1x3x? (maybe 4 high as Gary says).

I was just looking at my windows 'n' doors, and I found some 1x2x3 doors that
do not open.  Now I am confused; which came with the 125, the 1x2x3 that didn't
open or the 1x3x4 that did?

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX

No it was the 1x3x4 door.  They started making that one around '73 or '74.  The
classic 1x2x3 door (made since '57) was still produced in a few sets in '75 (#148,
#400), but was totally discontinued by '77, when the regular minifigs came onto the
scene.  Around the same time ('77) the 4 brick high door was discontinued in favor
of the 5 brick high doors still in use today.

Gary Istok