 General / 16320
Re: I have these sets but can't find them in the set listings. Help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:32:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Susan Hoover writes:

Hmm.  That answers my question of which one came with set 125, but
leaves me with a puzzle: where did my 1x2x3's come from, then?  The
only sets I got as a child in the 70's were 125, 410, and 420.  All of
the rest of my collection has been obtained since 1993.  I did get some
random parts from a co-worker's son, but that kid was born in the 80's.

Heh.  I just looked at <set:148> and it appears to have both the 1x2x3
and the 1x3x4, in addition to minifigs that don't fit thru either size
door!  Is it possible that set 125 had both?

--
Susan Hoover
Houston, TX

Wow. This was my first trip into the lugnet group. I posted my little message,
and it turned into a study of doors. Pretty cool. Anyway, I was disappointed
to find that my set 125 is actually a combination of sets 125,145 and a 450
piece samsonite gift set that got all mixed up by my young cousins sometime
during the 70's. Therefore I can't add much about what the 125 originally had.
All the doors look the same though. And what's up with all the 2x4 bricks?
Like almost every brick in there is a 2x4.
One interesting note: the samsonite bricks stand out because their color does
not match the lego legos. They appear to be made from different material or
at least a different process. I am aware of some of the plastic changes that
lego Denmark made, but wasn't that before they were shipped to the US?