 General / 15993
15992  |  15994
Subject:
Lego disclaimers on sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 05:25:32 GMT

(FUT .publish)

OK, one last thing for the day.

I was wondering about disclaimers on lego sites. I know it's pretty cutomary
to put up disclaimers on fan-made sites, and part of the lego fair-play policy
(IIRC).

But how many people were actually contacted by TLC regarding their sites?
And what did TLC ask you, specifically, to do?
(I'm not being critical, I'd really like to know)

I started my own site (1) not long ago. I put a disclaimer on the front page.
But now I added a disclaimer at the top of each page in the site (first thing
after header). My disclaimer says:
"Just to make it clear: The Lego Company does not endorse or support this site
in any way. Visit their site." Whereas 'site' is a link to www.lego.com .
I'm not sure if this is enough.

Also, my site's name contains lego ("CastLEGO") - would that have a potential
for future problems with TLC? Did anyone have a problem with lego in the title
of their site, or URL ("shiri_lego")?

TIA,
-Shiri

(1) <plug> http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/ </plug>