 Publishing / 1679
Re: Lego disclaimers on sites
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 00:03:53 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:
[...]
But how many people were actually contacted by TLC regarding their sites?

Impossible to know.

And what did TLC ask you, specifically, to do? [...]

Below are my facts as described (some years ago) when I dropped my
domain name. Note, the Fair Play document has since moved to: www.lego.com/info/fair.asp

    http://www.baseplate.com/change.html

-Suz.
sad update:

Because Lego failed to pick up my domain name (pay to hold it), it was
auto-grabbed by a "nasty pointer" once available.

This continues to upset me. Many who bookmarked my old URL were
children, or sites for children. For a year (?), those kids were
exposed to porn at a lego-like domain -- instead of my squeaky clean
lego-fan site.

Either Lego failed to follow up, or didn't think they'd need to.

I don't understand who/how has it now. It's parked.