 General / 15903
Re: Silicon Valley techies taken with kids' toy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 23:12:30 GMT

Hey Richard,
I think Todd only tried to point out that the 300 percent increase was not
affecting the whole company, only the Mindstorms-sub-market. This simply
means that adults had a large influence on these products, not on all sets.
But as a conclusion you can easily say, that the rest of the products (like
Town or Castle) would be a lot more succesful too, if they were not dumbed
down but marketed to adults also. TLC should realize why the Mindstorms
products are that succesful and change the other products. Then people will
most probably by them. As you said, it's the adults who buy the toys, so
they need to like it also. But on the other hand, you should not forget that
a toy should be designed mostly for kids, as it helps the child to play and
learn. However those toys will not reach the children when they are that
juniorized. But I'm totally sure TLC meanwhile knows about this, I am very
happy with the latest products. Most of the 2000 catalog was rather
interesting in my opinion. Of course we need a new town and things like
that, ...

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de

richard marchetti <blueofnoon@aol.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
Fqv3Iv.LrB@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
Note the sub-market.

I'm with Steve on this one.  What difference is it that its a sub-market • when
its one of the more successful ones?  And I don't care who says different,
AFOL hold the purse strings too!  The buck "starts" here...

Is dogfood marketed to dogs or to their owners?

-- Richard