 General / 14462
Re: How many bricks are there in a lego set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 02:13:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Wilkins writes:
Actually, in the US it's a Federal law that they have to put the number of
pieces contained on the outside of the box. It was part of a "truth-in-
packaging" set of laws passed in the late 1960's.

Really?!?

I just ordered two 6441 sets.  I was a bit puzzled to see that the piece count,
which the LUGNET database lists as 433, was *not* on the outside of the box as
I'm used to seeing.  Both boxes were the same -- no piece count.  So, TLG broke
the law?

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Structural Biology