 General / 10713
  Outlet Mall Locations?

Is there a way to find the locations of Lego outlets? Also, where is the Virgina outlet located - what city? Thanks. (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) LEGO has 2 outlet stores one in Dawsonville, Ga. and my store in Woodbridge, Va. at Potomac Mills. Buffie LEGO Outlet manager (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) There has been talk of more of these stores around the country. Can you tell us what you've heard about the possibility of more of these stores? Thanks, Ben Roller (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) From what I have been told LEGO has no definate plans for more stores. I do know that they have been looking into different areas for future stores. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

They should consider putting one in the LA area. I think I remember hearing that if it where a country it would be the sixth largest economic country on earth. It definitely has a lot of people (with kids). They would rake! (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) How could they not put in the Miami area? Mall capital of the world and home to world's largest outlet mall (Sawgrass Mills. I go to this mall at least once a month and still manage to get lost very easily). In the past year, they have built (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) I say, put one in Boston. There are definitely lots of LEGO fans there. Please! Pretty please, with a cherry on top ;-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

They already basically have a store - in LLC. Granted, you have to pay to enter the park to get in to it, but at least they HAVE an "outlet" in CA already. What they need is one in NORTHERN CA ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

They already have an "outlet" in FL, Why build another? Let them concentrate on getting at least one in each state before they start adding a second ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) And one near Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario (St Jacob's) I think the counter guy was quite supprised when I picked up $600 worth of straight track, plus 3 sets :) James Powell (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) Even in Canadian dollars that's A LOT of track! Starting your own train club? :^) Mike (Merlin Ont. is near there right?) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) That is just the thing, they don't have an outlet in Florida. They have an Imagination Centre. (...) With 15,000,000 residents, Florida has more people then Virginia and Georgia combined, so I don't see why Florida can't handle another LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

Rick Kujawa wrote in message ... (...) How many of these stores can they have? The stock that a lego outlet store sells is by definition limited, so if you have too many of these outlet stores eventually there won't be any "good deals" and it'll (...) (25 years ago, 26-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) Not when I was there you didn't. You just left you're drivers liscense with Customer Service and you could go in. Admittedly, you only had a half-hour or so, and it was during opening weekend, so they may've changed their policy. Jeff (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) I've run into this at at LLC and LLW, and I'm fairly certain they aren't supposed to, but will. My experience seems to be very dependant on how nice the person on the other side of the glass is, and on how polite I'm being. Showing up towards (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) That's certainly one of the venues I'd recommend, but I'm not really sure what the logic is behind their store placement... I'd be curious to find out why in the world they put one in Georgia to begin with... I'm not sure if they want to avoid (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) nice (...) I did this at LEGOLAND-Windsor as well. I had to buy a ticket and as long as I returned to the ticket kiosk within 30 minutes the entire fee was refunded. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

Michigan should be on the fast track for a new store. With both Lar and myself living in Michigan, that should be enough reason to get one (smile). And don't forget Scott, Mark, Eric and Steve....... also fellow Michiganians. And besides, there are (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) That reminds me: The other day, I learned a fun little fact about the place I live. Silver Spring (MD) has over one million residents, and it isn't even an incorporated town! Needless to say, I was amazed. :) Jeff P.S. I knew it was (...) (25 years ago, 29-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) they (...) There should also be one somewhere along the northern I-5 corridor, maybe near Centralia, WA or possibly slightly to the east at Troutdale, OR. it would provide good access from Vancouver BC, Seattle, Portland, Spokane, Eugene, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

They should put one in Arkansas. Nothing good ever comes about in this "armpit of America". That wouldn't make the world a better place, but it would make Arkansans a little happier (at least me). (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) Oh, geez. I'm not doing my part for my state. Steve "Honey, we've *got* to buy more LEGO! It's for the good of the economy!" (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

I can tender a guess about why Georgia (and Virginia)... Both of these locations are near major N-S interstate highways that just happen to feed to... DisneyWorld. Atlanta has a large population of its own, but my speculation would center around the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) Actually, my guess would have been that these are two large outlet areas not currently served by a LEGO facility of some sort (Florida and the midwest have LICs, California has Legoland). The only major markets I see now missing anything would (...) (25 years ago, 30-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

Both LEGO stores are in true "outlet" malls. An "outlet" mall is different from a "regular/retail" mall. It may have the same "stores" but their content is different. It's typically last years clothes or in limited quantities (closeout) or in some (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

I think the counter guy was quite supprised when I picked up $600 worth of straight track, plus 3 sets :) (...) No. Just going to NFLD, and wanting to have my own stuff to play with. It brought me to 500 pieces of track. The biggest problem was (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

(...) Well, for my two cents, I'd say that Chattanooga, TN would be the BEST place for all train-heads since it is the train capitol of North America (at least historically). It would be the perfect tie in to the magnetic track high- speed railway (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

Definitely Michigan! But in Kalamazoo, since it's a lot closer to me than Detroit and it has a cool name. Fred. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlet Mall Locations?

Hmmm...as an expatriate Michigander (or has it changed to Michiganian now, as Gary suggests?), I could go for Michigan as well--and Kalamazoo would suit me fine, too. Seems to me that the bigger outlet malls are near Detroit, though--I wasn't aware (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)