 General / 10593
Re: It's not my "Dark Ages" but what is it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:14:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Wilson writes:
Well, I'm not in a Dark Ages,
but I'm in some kind of funk, LEGO-wise.  I can't seem to sit down and build
anything original.
So, what would you suggest this stage be called.  Maybe the Plagiarist Ages?
Or Bricker's Block?

James Wilson

i wouldn't sweat it for a minute, James... i think we all go through periods
where we're CAD'ing projects more than creating new ones... or for some of us
we're authoring LCAD parts rather than picking up real ones... lately i've been
spending more time creating labels for my storage/organization system rather
than acutally building.. and before that it was all CAD/HTML/POV to get pics
of my creations out there.. but i'm moving out of that finally... been doing
nothing but building for the last week... my fiance was mildly complaining
about how i don't seem to finish a project before undertaking the next one...
but eventually i wander back to everything... i just like to let my mind do
what it wants.. after all.. this *is* for fun... if you ever approach your lego
from the standpoint of "i *should* be doing this" or "i *should* be doing that"
then i think you're destroying the enjoyment of it for yourself... as long as
you're enjoying what you're doing, whether it be building someone else's
models, working in LDraw/MLCad, or just good old-fashioned snapping bricks
together, then i think it's time well spent... don't beat yourself up... c'mon,
it's a toy, have *fun* with whatever you do with it!

:)