 General / *700 (-20)
  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

a little over 304 million, assuming that you are stacking 2 high to attach them, and the distance were 3000 miles. (12(inches) x 5280(feet) x 3000(miles) / 1.25(inches-length of 2x4 brick) x 2 (2 bricks high). As I am in the UK, how about a Lego (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Sig

Using LUGnet's web interface, how can I include my sig in a post, or can I? -Tom McD (typing in his email address by hand for weeks now) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego vs. K-nex

(...) I meant to imply that very wish myself through my posting. Good to see it worked. :-P I've been thinking of using aquarium pump tubing along with (maybe) 1x1 plates with Side Rotated Studs as mounts, and see how that works (I'd try slicing (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego marketing to adults

I just read a journal article which discussed Lego's marketing plan for the UK and Europe. I thought this paragraph was especially interesting in light of the criticism Town Jr. and overly specialized pieces have gotten on LUGNET and rtl: Quoted (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

(...) Thanks. I have to look at more guitar mags. I just added another guitar to my page with a trem on it. (...) I have some of those, and I wasn't quite happy with them. Although they're the closet single piece to a guitar, IMO they make better (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Military?

If you are talking current earth military, The first guy to come to my mind is Terry Keller and his F-15 "ish" jet, and his spectacular AH-64A Longbow Apache. There is a lot of space military and mech stuff out there too (some on Terry's page as (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

Tom McDonald wrote in message ... (...) The lever is called a tremolo, or trem, or the better sounding "whammy bar". By the way, have you tried the ground crew paddles as found in the Patriot Jet box? There are two of them. Are these available in (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Guitars

(...) Update on accoustic guitars: I really couldn't make one that was recognizable as such. Ideally, you need a 2 x 2 1/2 plate, rounded on both ends, with a hole in it. I suppose it could be done with a brown 2x2 round plate, on top of a 1x2 plate (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.build)

  Re: Lego Military?

(...) I have made several Military planes. Though the bobdy is kind of funny (they are usually based on existing planes such as the Business Jet, I have armed them to the max. Whenever I get enough time to finish a web site, I will have pictures (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

(...) Food Service disposable plastic gloves. Would make small-part handling a challenge. But that's what pharmacist pill-sorting boards are for. Steve (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Guitars

Steve Bliss wrote >Do you mean the grille tile (...) The rod it was - I was trying to work out how the big lever (URL) was held against the back of the grille. And now I know! These newbies, eh? Tch. Shed (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego Military?

Jonas Marcho wrote in message ... (...) Lots of people have, but that's the only place you're going to find real-lego military stuff. Lego doesn't do that. Check out the Lego Web Ring (I think there's a link on (URL) but you'll have to check). There (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  1999 sets (Re: Lego Military?)

(...) Wlaah blaah Wahh!? Hey, that's BIG NEWS, pal! You mean like, actually in stores now? Like, you could get a 1999 catalog? (HINT HINT) --Todd (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

(...) Well, you know, I typed that while eating a sandwich. And while it's generally safe to bring food near the keyboard, we have strict no-food rules about handling the LEGO we ship out. We even scrub our hands after handling any rubber LEGO (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Military?

To anyone who reads this -- have you built any type of military tanks, helicopters, or other craft? I am looking for examples of such creations. Also, head to Charlotte, NC for a few 1999 sets. We have the new Ninja sets, Space Port, and more. (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote in message <3651272B.7596E868@vfaq.com>... (...) Any ETA on that? They never did get enough people for Hands Across America. They had to fly helicopters over large chunks of Nevada and other hot dry nasty states to (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

Todd, You have too much time on your hands, get back to Auc7 packing. <duck> ;-) (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lego Site Updated!

Jonas Marcho's Lego Madness! has been updated by yours truly. Visit 'Great Creations' to see some fantastic and powerful robots. By next week I should have 'Lego Town II' set up to replace the old 'Lego Town', and 'Lego Town II Under Attack!' at the (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  How many bricks from San Francisco to New York?

How many bricks would it take to make a continuous line of bricks (snapped together) going all the way from San Francisco to New York? I calculate about 200 million 2x4 bricks. I guess even if it were financially feasable, it wouldn't be practical (...) (26 years ago, 17-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO stickers on the net

(...) The World Cup logos aren't so great looking (but that may just be a glitch in the way I am dl'ing them...), but the London Bus stickers look GREAT! Are you saying you would be willing to sell a sheet of these...? Rob (26 years ago, 9-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact