 General / *3085 (-20)
  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) That's nothing -- I've been on RTL for about 3 years, LUGNET from almost the beginning, and I still sometimes act like an idiot. I think there's a certain level of maturity you need to shy away from in order to enjoy Legos. :-, Cheers, - (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  $10 off eToys

GO for it! Mark $10 OFF YOUR FIRST eTOYS PURCHASE Here's an exclusive CoolSavings offer from eToys that we knew you wouldn't want to miss: Visit eToys, the Internet's most popular store for children, and get $10 off any order more than $25! Don't (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: How many Technic people? (Was Re: Lego Supercar II?)

Snipped here and there. (...) <SNIP> (...) Knee deep? I would love to have LEGO's up to the knees. Especially in a room the size of my basement. (...) <SNIP> I feel that I am just entering my building phase (thanks to Town JR). I enjoy building (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  How many Technic people? (Was Re: Lego Supercar II?)

(...) I started my collection of LEGO a few years ago with the Technic Sky Ranger. I thought it looked cool and since I never had LEGO as a kid, and I was single, fresh out of college, with a new job and a feeling of freedom to do what I wanted, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:36DFF31E.C6020D...ger.net... (...) I think this depends a lot in what groups you hang out in. I only know of one AFoL who isn't into Technic, but I also work at a large software company where (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

(...) I take it this is because they usually do not have a solid body, but rather just some beams to outline it? I have tried myself to make some large Technic vehicles in roughly the same scale as the Supercars. The problem with "finishing" them is (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> This reminds me of a childhood memory of playing with Lego. The first Technic set I got was the original yellow Expert Builder helicopter: (URL) really liked the model, except for all the "holes" in the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

(...) Good question. Myself, I see Technic models as "unfinished". I do collect some anyway. I use Technic parts as a way to mechanize things or bring them to life, or for certain constructions that can't be achieved without them (my drop center, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Temp Pov Page

Sure is :) I'm trying to rework them a little more, I can't see the pattern on the door yet though, and I want that to show up. those were just a couple of quickies I did trying to figure out if it would work how I wanted :) I know the pictures look (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

That's a dangerous way of talking ... You don't know what you're going to think about yourself now when you're 19 and a half.... <evil grin> Simon (URL)Happy Birthday! I turned 17 on the 27th, so I am also an AFOL, I guess.. Sad (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

Tom Stangl wrote in message <36DEFBFC.E23EAA0F@n...pe.com>... (...) Supercar II will be NLG 290 in the Netherlands (V&D stores). For comparison, Supercar I was about NLG 225. Eric (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

Jim, I will have to take a closer look, but it is a reasonable price for inflation and so forth. As for the percentage, I am definitely more town/space than Technic, but I do use a lot of technic parts and buy a few of the lesser technic models, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

Yes, I thought that was actually quite a reasonable price. At least, I guess I was expecting it to be more.. Just out of curiousity, what approximately is the breakdown between "technic" and "non-technic" AFsOL? I seem to notice there are fewer (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) Happy Birthday! I turned 17 on the 27th, so I am also an AFOL, I guess.. Sad thing is I remember the time I came to RTL 2 and a half years ago and what an idiot I was :) So I would go for the definition to be at least 16+, knowing what I was (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

(...) Thanks! I've already had ~12 years of fun with LEGO and don't plan to stop anytime soon! Now if only I didn't have to school...and I stopped getting jobs to make other peoples web pages instead of my own :) , I might have time to finish (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

Wasn't that price around the other black technic car (I don't remember if it was a "Supercar" or not). It doesn't look too bad, especially when you look at what TLG is doing to other model lines. Scott Sanburn (...) (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Supercar II?

(...) OUCH. Man, am I glad I don't dig Technic. (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Temp Pov Page

This is great, Mookie. Now if you added a sound file that says something like "Who's there" when the lights come on it would really rock! Roy (26 years ago, 5-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

  Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)

Bram, Welcome to the AFOL'ers (?) , may I be the first to wish you a long and happy life of quality building and enjoyment! Scott Sanburn (Age 23) (...) (26 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Temp Pov Page

(...) wow tamy!! looks sweet!! (is that what all the L3PAO help was for??? :) you did a great job! J (26 years ago, 4-Mar-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact