 General / *1040 (-20)
  Pictures of LEGOLAND

I finally got to scanning +100 more pictures of LEGOLAND park Billund. About 25 were added today to LEGO ON MY MIND and more will come during the next days. The Aiport was already there, now the Germany theme is too, including impressive industrial (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Thank God for Lugnet

Thank God, or thank Tod? ..:-D (and of course to the all participants) Selçuk Jesse Long wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) There is a _much_ easier way. :-) Make two subdirectories in your agent directory. One for Lugnet and one for your standard news. Then make two shortcuts to start Agent. In each one, edit the shortcut properties to change the "Start In" (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Met a LEGO rep...

I was in Joplin, MO this AM, and stopeed in the TRU, where I met the (one of the, anyway) LEGO rep. I asked when the new sets were due, and she said, "Not until next year, sometime in January." She DID say that she was only on temp, until Christmas, (...) (26 years ago, 25-Nov-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Agent has instructions for installing multiple instances... look under "How to Configure Agent for Multiple Users and Servers". I use three copies of Agent: one for Usenet, one for Lugnet, and one for Furnet. You have to move some files around (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Sounds like you've got an idea/concept/vision for some text, but you're not happy with the way it's coming out in words...? Maybe back up a bit -- block the end result out of your mind for a minute -- pretend someone is sitting next to you and (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  advent calendar greed?

just wondering if people out there are really day-by-day opening their lego advent calendars? it's only day 2 and i'm going nuts -- all that unknown, unbuilt lego right across the room... (:nikky:) p.s. day 1 and day 2 impressed me so far! (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Thank God for Lugnet

(...) Well, In any froup _I_'ve participasted in, over 100 (non-spam) msgs means high-volume... Jasper (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lugnet Web news request

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general] (...) This is a hack, so it's subject to change, but give it whirl and lemme know how it works out for you... (URL) the time units are rounded to 5-minute intervals and the snapshots go back 1 week (168 (...) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Lugnet Web news request

Todd, I have a request for the Web interface for the Lugnet newsgroups. I use the traffic page *a lot*. If there's a visited link in the past hour or past day block, then I go hit that news group. The traffic page isn't very granular, though. Would (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: RTL/Lugnet Crossposting

(...) Since they're completely seperate entities, posting the same message to both places not only is ok, but often makes sense. This isn't technically crossposting, however -- a crossposted message is one post that exists in several newsgroups. (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  RTL/Lugnet Crossposting

Just a quick question for the future... Is it considered inappropriate to post a message with the same content (Mainly auctions) to both RTL and Lugnet? Thanks, Pawel (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Grotestque LEGO pictures

Thanks! Actually, it was amusing. If you like that sort of thing, don't forget to see what happened to Timmy on my page. URL below. It's not nearly as graphic but it was fun to do. From Tom McDonald Anti-spam block in place. (URL) what you can, but (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:49:15 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote: :I wouldn't want there to be 'lugnet.com' in the 'Path' of outgoing articles :to groups that people here don't monitor regularly. In other words, the :risk of someone (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Historical first-sightings of catalogs

OK, here's a list -- as near as I can figure from records -- of the dates when people first sighted new LEGO catalogs for the coming year... The table includes first sightings of sheet catalogs only when the first sightings of such were prior to (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Found Lego Re: Minifig trip to Carlsbad?

I'm (oh, I was) very lucky about finding Lego stuff. They were all found in very different sites, mainly at numerous beaches near places which we had been gone for summer holidays with my family. Here is the list: 1 2x4 yellow plate 1 10x20 Green (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Hi try 'pest.ml.org' then (without 'www') Selçuk Tom McDonald wrote in message ... (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LUGNET Blurb (was Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) can think of is "LUGNET: LEGO News, Weather, and Sports". That probably isn't the best thing to go with. Steve (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I just installed a second copy of Free Agent for lugnet. It doesn't take up that much hard drive space, and it's a lot easier to manage. Steve (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Grotestque LEGO pictures

(...) More like a day... Unable to access, address not found. From Tom McDonald Anti-spam block in place. (URL) what you can, but behave yourself. We'll have more, right after this. (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact