 General / 1038
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 05:50:44 GMT

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:35:56 GMT, janssenjasper@hotmail.com (Jasper
Janssen) wrote:

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:05:54 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve
Bliss) wrote:

:If lugnet.com is changed to ignore invalid/unrecognized entries in the
:Newsgroups header, then someone could use lugnet to post to any Usenet
:ng, as long as the article was cross-posted to RTL.

Hmm.. might be a nice feauture. I use Agent, and I have to change my
newserver settings in preferences every time I change between lugnet
and standard news - This isn't too bad for getting the messages, but
it kinda sucks for posting them :)

Jasper

There is a _much_ easier way.  :-)

Make two subdirectories in your agent directory.  One for Lugnet and
one for your standard news.  Then make two shortcuts to start Agent.
In each one, edit the shortcut properties to change the "Start In"
directory to one of the new subdirectories. For instance:
Target:   "D:\Program Files\Agent\agent.exe"
Start In:  "D:\Program Files\Agent\lugnet"

Then when you start Agent using that shortcut, it will act like a new
install and run through the initial setup.  Thereafter, all Lugnet
stuff will be in the lugnet directory.
Repeat the process for your standard news server.  And for any other
servers you may want to connect to.  Works like a charm.

-- Terry K --