 Gaming / Starship / 561
Re: Vote: News Service---Which one should we use?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 11:09:57 GMT

I have read all the posts on this subject. It sounds like most everyone already has a lot on their hands. I ran an RPG for years (boy that was a long time ago- now I feel old) and it can be time consuming. The problem with lugnet for a news service is that there can be lots of posts about stuff that is not news. I know that in the past when I posted on here, some times I missed messages cause I was to caught up in reading other things…. Ok that’s my 2 cents. On to the reason I’m posting.

I whipped up a new site only took about 4 hours. It’s a little rough. I.E. no title, I just called it what ever came to mind, a few lines of code still don’t look right, but you can get the idea about it.

There is no sign up page (that keeps the rift raft out). As the new guy, I’ll host it. Only the GM and myself would have admin access. Unless he says other wise. You can post your own news. And could implement a forum... I don’t know just an idea …

If you want to have a look it at http://www.nor-ryche.com/sgn Login as guest1 password guest1

The forum I would use is like to one on my page (just have to make it look the SGN site) http://www.nor-ryche.com/forum/forum.asp