 Gaming / Starship / 568
Re: News Service
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:10:46 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Robert Thomas wrote:

   The board does have a reply function, but I disabled it cause I thought (in my own little mind) that it should be like a real news service like a newspaper or CNN. Ill set it backup so people can see how that works. Also as I said I can add a forum to the board. That would make it independent of Lugnet. The forum can be set with multiple topics .. IC forum and OC Forum and what have u.

   Of course, I don’t know if people would want to migrate to a new site, since they’re so used to lugnet. And people don’t like having to check two websites for basically the same thing. Just some thoughts.

I can kinda agree too, but the topic came up so I thought I would help :)

Well, I’m waiting for my Dad to get home so I can get his credit card number. I’m about to make a Starship chatroom for easier communication if some of us are online.

If we keep the news service, we could still add the chatroom as an added feature to the Starship community.

-Dan