 Gaming / Starship / *24 (-24)
  Starship RPG

Hi guys, I've been interested in this Starship game for quite awhile now, looks like there's a good amount of excitement about it, but I've never been able to quite figure out exactly what it was. I'm sure everything starts to make sense once you're (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Registrations and SS Site Updates

(...) Don't get me off on the benifits of storing data in a MySql database in which you just enter the specs and builder and then can select all or just a player without making different pages. PHP is cool- it can generate the HTML for you based on (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Registrations and SS Site Updates

Galactic Greetings! First Point: I want to announce quickly to any new readers of this group that you may register as a new player at any time by emailing me or posting to this group with your ship or sector info. To better understand, check out... (...) (21 years ago, 10-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible

Well, you know, it doesn't have to be a 2000-page document. I could hammer out 15 or 20 paragraphs easy on Helix. Every one or two could cover different aspects of the places and things. SMs might only give information to be written up by the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Weekend Reports 05/09/03

Galactic Greetings! This weekend's Galactic Travel emails have gone out to those who have arrived somewhere new. (My Derelict reports are out too, finally.) I hope to do some updating on the SS site tonight. I know there are some links to be updated (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Hey Spacers!

"Hendo (John P. Henderson)" <hendo@valyance.com> wrote in message news:HEFMG5.24s7@lugnet.com... (...) played (...) Congrats Hendo! I'd probably have more to say about this game if I'd ever really played an RPG like this. I'm making a note to check (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible

(...) I agree that offering material for an SS Bible should be a voluntary thing on the part of any SM or player. It is not a requirement to participate in the game. If an SM doesn't have time or energy to devote to giving such a detailed (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible (was: Types of Sectors)

(...) Yes, it is interesting sometimes. ...FYI, in the game Traveller, the premise is that all the humans descended from earlier space explorers from Earth, but that thousands (millions?) of years have passed since they colonized the distant worlds (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship homepage

(...) Thanks! As it turns out, editing the sidebar is *really* easy. So if you have any ideas or suggestions of other things I might do, just let me know. One thing I had considered was a Ship Building Guide or something, but then I noticed that the (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Starship homepage

Love the thinking around the homepage Hendotron - nice work. Richard Still baldly going... (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible

(...) Hmmmmm. I'd be a little hesitant about this. It presents quite a barrier to new SMs to have to flesh all this sort of detail out in advance if the SMs have to do it themselves, and it seems to me if a player was up for doing this sort of (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible (was: Types of Sectors)

(...) I actually suggested an idea like this on the original Starship Spraw board. I offered it as an explanation for having multiple "Earths", but I was unaware this idea was used anywhere else. Well, maybe I suspected it. It's interesting to see (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Derelict Delay

To those in the Grave Belt Sector: I do apologize, but I must impose a one week delay on the Derelict adventure emails (those that are already a few days late from me). Let's just assume an ion storm is passing, causing all local ships to remain in (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible (was: Types of Sectors)

(...) Yup. :) Already, it would have been easy to miss Richard's post to this thread (buried deeply on the other board), but here it is easy to notice. ...I am just waking up, so I may reply more to this later... A few initial thoughts: (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Starship Bible (was: Types of Sectors)

(...) <snip-a-dee-doo-da> (...) Yes, it is nice to be on good ol' Lugnet! And why don't we have a "bible"? The SMs have to put together their sectors from nothing, so there is certainly no lack of imagination in this group! Some sort of Galactic (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: ------( Welcome to lugnet.gaming.starship )------

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Todd Lehman writes about the creation of the newsgroup. Thanks dude. Richard Still baldly going... (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Types of Sectors (Long post)

In Reply to: Types of Sectors posted by Galactic Mediator Hendo on May 05, 2003 at 13:34:16 (...) I'm not sure that this analysis really maps the dimensions of the differences. Specifically, I don't think that "Trade and Social Gameplay" indicates (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Moving boards?

(...) -snip- (...) The good thing, on the other hand, of having a member only board, is the fact that no longer will we have to deal with spammers who have nothing to do with our game. I dont think to many people would object to our being IC as long (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Re: Moving boards?

(...) Here's how I see it: I am a Lugnet freak. The format and layout of Lugnet newsgroups are my prefered means of communication (second only to in-person meetings), and I tend to spend an unreasonable amount of time (and certainly most of my (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Moving boards?

Sup all, Now that we got this starship board on lugnet, are we moving off of creationcenter? Let me know... Hasta la Vista, Sean (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Notes from the Curator

Galactic Greetings! FYI, Todd has set me up as the curator of this group. I will be reading through some how-to pages for the format that Lugnet pages use and thereafter setting up a few things on the .starship sidebar. If there are any suggestions (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  Galactic Greetings!

Welcome to lugnet.gaming.starship! Starship RPG is a system of related role-play by email games where particpants base their adventures around Lego® Space creations. Anyone with internet access and the ability to build ABS (or ABS-CAD) spaceships is (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship, lugnet.announce) !

  ------( Terms of use for lugnet.com )------

TERMS OF USE FOR LUGNET.COM OVERVIEW AND DEFINITIONS lugnet.com ("LUGNET") is a privately owned Internet site designed and run primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

  ------( Welcome to lugnet.gaming.starship )------

Welcome to lugnet.gaming.starship, a LUGNET discussion group. CHARTER/PURPOSE: lugnet.gaming.starship (group): Focused discussion group for Starship: out-of-character and out-of-game discussion and information about rules, development, and status of (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.gaming.starship)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact