 Gaming / Starship / 22
21  |  23
Subject:
Registrations and SS Site Updates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:29 GMT

Galactic Greetings!

First Point: I want to announce quickly to any new readers of this group
that you may register as a new player at any time by emailing me or posting
to this group with your ship or sector info.  To better understand, check out...
http://www.valyance.com/starship/join.htm

When emailing or posting a registration, please give information similar to
the format used in the registry pages...
http://www.valyance.com/starship/registry/ships.htm
http://www.valyance.com/starship/registry/sectors.htm

Second Point: I once again must apologize to the current participants.  I
have a list of 10 ships that I have not added to the registry page (8 of
David's[1], 1 of Richard's[2], 1 of Ryan's[3]).  I also need to add some
updates to the craft registry and change the Spraw link in the sector
registry.  I ended up taking the time tonight to correct some bad tag links
and justification errors elsewhere on the site.  I have also decided that
the current ship registry has become unruly in size.  I am thinking the
solution is to break it into two pages[4].  This undertaking will take a
little more time, but I was thinking perhaps I might do it over the next
week, and getting the delayed registrations in at the same time will be
easier than doing them first only to change them.

I do appreciate you all bearing with me.  Perhaps as retribution, those
player ships whose entry to the game has been delayed by this by over a week
will get an extra turn of movement in the first week they are in play.

Let me know of any concerns,
-GM Hendo

[1] David, I was unable to find the pics of your newest eight ships on
Brickshelf.  Can you please post or email me links to speed up your
registration.

[2] Richard, I enjoyed how you posted your most recent registration
in-character (on the old comm board).  Perhaps you will set a precedent for
everyone.

[3] Ryan, when you posted your CSS-Paladin (old comm board), you asked what
people thought (http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=42015).  I
gotta say, I took a look at it and I feel it is a great looking ship.  It
shows a distinct evolutionary step forward from the style you displayed in
the CSS-IceClaw, and I really like the colors.  It looks like a formidable ship!

[4] I had also considered setting up one page for each player, which might
be cool.  But I kind of like having a mix of player ships (in alpha order by
name) on a page or two.  It makes the registry seem like more of a communal
effort of MOCs.  If I am way off in the group's feelings here, let me know.