 Gaming / Starship / 7
Re: Moving boards?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 01:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson writes:
Here's how I see it:

-snip-

However, as I said, I am a Lugnet freak.  I like that I can make a post like
this and a year later when someone asks a question, I can post a link to
this rather than have to use my brain and hope I type it the same way.  With
creationcenter boards, only 100 messages (or some such number) are held in
memory.  Anything older is lost (and BTW, that includes all of the great
discussion from which our game developed on the original Spraw board!).
With Lugnet, rules discussions need never be lost again.  The only downside
I can think of for Lugnet is that it is more convenient for members, and
that makes our game seem to have the requirement of Lugnet membership.
Still, since it is supposed to be a way to enjoy the Lego® hobby, I doubt
too many players will mind.
The good thing, on the other hand, of having a member only board, is the
fact that no longer will we have to deal with spammers who have nothing
to do with our game.  I dont think to many people would object to our being
IC as long as have pics of our ships and stuff and keep it to this thread
only.  Thats my opinion anyway, and I do plan on moving my board here soon.
It will not only help make stuff easier for me because i wont have to check
multiple boards and can instead do more important things.  So, basically what
I'm saying, is I am at least moving to lugnet for my United Forces and Basher
Sector board, and as long as I start providing more pics this I doubt will
be a problem.

So, I am in favor of moving the main SS board discussion here, without a
doubt.  This is why I petitioned to open this group.

Now, lately, there has been an increase in IC comms on the main SS board.  I
am undecided whether we want to include those here on Lugnet, as they are
not entirely brick-related (or are they??).  For now, I think we should use
this group for OOC discussion, and I can keep the current main SS board
around for IC fun.  Again, though, I am not certain if it will be worth it.
With banner adds, faulty reloads, and a design that makes it easy to miss a
new post on an old thread, the creationcenter boards leave a lot to be
desired (unless you expect only a few posts per week, as in local sectors).

So that is my thinking.  As Starship was developed through diplomatic and
creative conversation, and as I am only an elected moderator (from among the
other participants), I welcome any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions on the
issue of how to best use this Lugnet group.
Well, I put mine in  : )

Cheers,
-Galactic Mediator Hendo

Hasta la Vista, Sean