 Gaming / 1048
Re: A BrikWars Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:34:08 GMT

Hey Harry, no problem:

I'm a little unclear from your post if you're talking about reading more of
the BrikWar rules or other rules in general, but I assume you're talking
about BrikWars'.

There are quite a few trooper-types in Chapter 7: Military Professionals.
And Chapter 2: The Troopers' Arsenal covers things like fire and other
trooper weapons. There is a spell system, but it's currently under revamp (I
believe).

Remember that it's a Lego-game. It's not supposed to be a hard-core
miniature combat system like Warhammer and it's ilk. Lots of people modify
the rules to fit their play style. Keep the rules you like, ditch the rules
you don't (I think it even says that in there someplace). For example, there
is no Mage trooper. But it's pretty likely he's not a run-of-the-mill
Trooper. So we priced them as Heroes without any Stupendous Feats.

The only medieval game I've played required us to come up with a homebrewed
spell system to make it a little more simplistic. I'm hoping to actually get
it written up at some point and posted.

I think Chapters 2 thru 7 are the most valuable, if you're somehow pressed
for computer time just go with 2, 3 and 7. That's the meat of squad vs.
squad combat. If you're stuck for spells and whatnot, you can take the
weapon stats and make them spells. That's a pretty simple, straight-forward
way to work it in a pinch.

My personal opinion? BrikWars is the best thing since coming down from the
trees and inventing digital watches[1]. So, yes, it's soooo worth reading more.

Hope that helps.

-Evil Wayne
"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
http://www.geocities.com/legomaniac70

Homer: Name one thing mankind has done that's better?
Lisa: The Renaissance.
Homer: This is better.

[1] HHGG :D

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Harry Vangberg writes:
thank you for the answers wayne.
i have 1 more question:
Me and my friend are 13 and 12 years old. We have both readed chapter 0, 1
and 2. But for myslef i think thoose rules are to simple, because it doesnt
support other types of troopers than the basic 'trooper', and the rules for
fire and magic and lotsa other things.
But here are my question: Do u think i should read more rules, and if yes,
what rules should i then read???