 Fun / *778 (-20)
  Re: In the comics today...

(...) I have a built-in, which means that by the time I get around to changing the tub, its not worth the searching... (Yuck!) ...of course, if I knew something rare got sucked up... ;-) James (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  Re: In the comics today...

the benefits of a Dyson Vacuum cleaner with a clear cylinder :) James (who lost way too many LEGO bricks to his mums hoover) "William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message news:m2u1y1l6an.fsf@...ome.com... (...) (URL) (formerly known as (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  Re: In the comics today...

(...) I assume I'm not the only AFOL who won't let the vacuum get emptied without careful inspection of the contents of the bag... --Bill. (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  Now *here's* something to do with Technic.

Chindogu (useless inventions) are usually pretty funny, but I never expected one to cross with LEGO: (URL) Yes, you can get your collection to mix your drinks! best LFB (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun)

  Re: In the comics today...

(...) Heehee, not a bad srategy, cept it would make your lego all dirty. :-D -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  I Doth Grok!

Well, I do a little comic (done in lego bricks) and figured this would be as good a place as any to post about it. It centers around all the stupid stuff I see throughout the day. And yes, 90% of the stupidity is true. (URL) David "Scooter" Lukens (...) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.fun)

  In the comics today...

Here's a mostly LEGO related gag... (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Sep-01, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun)

  Pics on Brickshelf

The following pics are from yesterday's (8 September 2001) MichLUG/LTC meeting. I had brought some stuff that needed sorting, we had a sorting bee, and as a reward I threw a little contest. What these folks are doing is trying to assemble one of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build, lugnet.gaming)

  Chapter 1 of Subterfugitives now online!

Disc One : Chapter One is now ready for viewing: (URL) offensive in the story (yet), but as always; parental discretion is advised! I'd love to hear any comments (either here or in the feedback link on the main page [or by email if you prefer to (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.space) !

  Re: Aaah monorail :-D

(...) monorail... monorail... monorail... I've heard those things are awfully loud It glides as softly as a cloud! Is there a chance the track could bend? Not on your life my Hindu friend! What about us braindead slobs? You'll be given cushy jobs! (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Subterfugitives (MOC Lego webcomic) has officially begun!

Hi all! This is an official announcement to the Lugnet community that my pet project and long time labor of love is officially online and on its way! Subterfugitives is a cinematic sequential art novel that is divided into 7 main parts (called (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.space) !

  Frankincense, myrrh and Legos

From this Straght Dope article, "Why did the Magi consider frankincense and myrrh such valuable gifts?": (URL) you get the idea the Magi did not have a lot of experience buying for children? I mean, since when are gold, frankincense, and myrrh (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

(...) Eric, thanks for hte congrats and the lead. I'll look him up. (...) Paul, thanks for this suggestion (...) I'll drop you an e-mail. Thanks. (...) Not a bad idea, though I think that these sets look sort of "non-LEGO-y". (...) James, thanks for (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

(...) They have changed their name to Minifigure.com Here is the link: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

(...) I tried to look for it the other night and couldn't find the shop. Used to be called something like CustomMini-Figures (or similar). Not sure what happened to the shop. He does great work. I have several figs myself. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

Congratulations!! There's a shop at www.brickbay.com that only sells custom mini-figs, there's a nice bride/groom package available. Gary sorry I don't have the link. Steve Tanner <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

Here's a cake topper, (URL) bride and groom are similar to the ones in the "Ultimate Lego Book". I built about 12 different people in all and my wife picked these. Then I made half a dozen gazebos and my wife picked this one. Actually she told me (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

You might want to get in touch with Eric Harshbarger, I think he already has one made that didn't get used. jt (...) (23 years ago, 16-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

I gotta say right off the bat, a gentleman by the name of Brad Hamilton would be a great place to start. Not only is he a great builder, his style is the first that comes to mind in regards to your request. He makes fantastic builings and is a Wiz (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC

First, congratulations / best wishes, Steve! Next - check eBay for a seller named "panoramagraphics" - he does custom minifig painting and has offered a bride/groom set in the past. Some folks here don't like what he does, but frankly, it's a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact