 General / 32499
Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:57:57 GMT

You might want to get in touch with Eric Harshbarger, I think he already has
one made that didn't get used.

jt

In lugnet.general, Steve Tanner writes:
Hello fellow LUGNETers.

I've been a long timer lurker, but finally had the need to make an odd
request of you all.  In the end, I'm hoping someone could shed some light on
things.

Recently, I got engaged (yeah!), and the discussion of making our wedding
unique has come up.  My aunt is a cake decorator, and will be doing the
wedding cake.  However, I'd like to do something different for the cake topper.

One thing that came to mind was a minifig bride and groom (or maybe even a
whole scene, or something a little larger, like using the figs from the
older universal sets -- love those bendable arms).  Basically, I'd like to
create something very visual, but different from the traditional toppers you
find at weddings.

I am not a customs maker, but I was wondering if anyone has attempted such a
project, or would be willing to freelance this for me... name your price.
The wedding is set for February 2002.  I can provide more details if interested.

If this request belongs in a different group, I apologize.  Thanks in
advance for reading.  Play well.

- Steve