 General / 32514
Re: Seeking custom Wedding Cake top MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:45:10 GMT

I gotta say right off the bat, a gentleman by the name of Brad Hamilton would be a great place to start. Not only is he a great builder, his style is the first that comes to mind in regards to your request. He makes fantastic builings and is a Wiz when it comes to structual decoration. Infact I'm thinking that he could design and build a little ornamental covering using arches and stuff.

Eric, thanks for hte congrats and the lead.  I'll look him up.

Next - check eBay for a seller named "panoramagraphics" - he does custom minifig painting and has offered a bride/groom set in the past.

Paul, thanks for this suggestion

Also, if you can find a copy of the 1978 set #205, it shows a set of bride & groom maxifigs on the front of the box. I have a bunch of maxifig people, and could create them, but I don't know that I have the requisite Top Hat.

I'll drop you an e-mail.  Thanks.

Yet another alternative - the Bellville sets, especially 5827, the Royal Carriage, might be what you could use. It also might be easier to find - it's a newer set (2000) and is still available in some of the Lego stores.

Not a bad idea, though I think that these sets look sort of "non-LEGO-y".

You might want to get in touch with Eric Harshbarger, I think he already has one made that didn't get used.

James, thanks for the suggestion... Eric's name has come up in a couple of
e-mails I received as well.

Here's a cake topper, http://olson.pair.com/photos/wedding.html

Eric, thanks for the link and photo.  I like your idea about building the
topper together.  Very interactive.

There's a shop at www.brickbay.com  that only sells custom mini-figs, there's a nice bride/groom package available.

Gary, Jake, and Roxanne.. thanks for the BrickBay help.. I've sent an e-mail
to these folks as well...

Does anyone else have some ideas?  Thanks again for the assistance.

- Steve