 Fun / *688 (-20)
  Parts that never made it?

I realize that many companies go through intense R&D to determine just exactly what the heck they should make. Here's a few possible parts candidates that TLC *might* have tested but found were not viable for whatever reason: 1x4x1.3 Pirates ship (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general)

  Re: commercial sculpting

(...) The logos are the labels the company sent me to use. No arranges including painting were added. The images on the print were photoshop-re-touched though. Ken-Tucky (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

(...) I agree that fastfood restaurant CIs have similar vivid colors as the ABS that they look cheap. I would be glad if "Kentucky" Fried Chicken offered me to make models :-) Would you like some crispy Lego chickens? (...) Links on my pages are (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

(...) Very cute! but could you imagine doing something like this for say McDonalds? I bet their breakfast menu would taste the same as the Lego version :P (Hey I like McDonalds, just not their plastic and foam burgers they call 'breakfast')... Mel (...) (23 years ago, 13-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

In lugnet.fun, Ken Takeuchi writes: (snip) (...) (more snipping) Ken - great work! I have some questions about the final look of your models. Did someone else apply the labels after you had finished? Did someone paint some of the labels on to the (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

(...) I hope so. This time two thirds of the payment was for buying bricks and only one third was for my job itself but I am satisfied with it. I woukd like to do some more commercial projects to call myself proudly as a LEGO BUILDER. (I know I am. (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

(...) Thanks! I heard that the models are now displayed in the showroom of the headquarter office. (I haven't confirmed yet though.) If true it's so fascinating! (...) Yeah, I know what you mean. There are mainly two reasons. 1. English is still a (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

Ken, Congratulations. Having your models in print is very cool. You website is excellent! I have a question though; If you ramble around in Building.Mecha why don’t you post more often? I’m sure that I speak for all the mechers when I say that we (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: commercial sculpting

(...) WOW Ken, Way to make your hobby pay off! GREG~ (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  commercial sculpting

Hi. I usually ramble around BUILDING/MECHA but today I would like to post an experience I recently had. I had a chance to build LEGO sculptures for NIPPON-LEVER CO. (a Japanese branch of the UNILEVER CO., the famouse housekeeping and food products (...) (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.fun) !!

  Re: Make-a-guess contest! Win "fabulous" prizes!

(...) I received my consolation prize, the 4288 bucket, over the weekend. Of course, I am tickled pink! Thanks Cary! :-) Maggie C. (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  New sculpture for Mother's Day: #1 Mom

In honor of all of our mothers, I have built a mosaic for my mom for Mother's Day. Enjoy. The Main Page: www.brickfrenzy.com The #1 Mom page: www.brickfrenzy.com/...e_mom.html Adrian (23 years ago, 8-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.holiday) !

  Re: funny pic

(...) That is so funny! I would love to see a more detailed, zoomed in shot of the bus though. There appears to be a snake or something coming out of the side. -Nick (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  funny pic

I don't know who posted this on brickshelf, but it's from that person's visit to one of the various LegoLands. I just couldn't help getting a kick out of the sunken VW van. NICE detail from the set designers. (URL) Lift Co. (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

Does anyone know all the different sizes of the Technic “ball and axle” parts seen in the Star Wars Technic “Stormtrooper” and “C3PO”? I am making some “home made” versions of these parts and I need to know the different lengths of the axles. Also, (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Make-a-guess contest! Win "fabulous" prizes!

(...) I received my "fabulous" prize yesterday as well. Exploring the contents provided a much needed distraction to witnessing the elimination of the Timberwolves from the NBA Playoffs. :^( I even found 4 Lego plates hidden in my prize! (Bonus!) (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Make-a-guess contest! Win "fabulous" prizes!

My "fabulous" prize came in the mail yesterday. I was in a particularly bad mood and it gave me a much needed bit of happiness. :-) Thanks for the fun contest! Bryan Beckwith "Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Lego Direct Q&A session

I am please to announce that Brad Justus and some LEGO Direct people will be attending BrickFest. He will be holding a Q&A Session with a possible "sneak peek" and discussion of product-in-development. For More info www.brickfest.org Christina (...) (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community) !!

  Re: Did you guys see this - its COOL!! (Re: LEGOfest Roma: LA PANORAMICA!!!)

(...) That's really groovy. :^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Did you guys see this - its COOL!! (Re: LEGOfest Roma: LA PANORAMICA!!!)

(...) <G> ok you found the right button... ignore my other post then :) It's still a good beginning! 4:5 minutes from brickshelf... 7.5 from apples idisk.... hmmmmm I wonder if they are using OSX server ... ha ha John (23 years ago, 28-Apr-01, to lugnet.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact