 Fun / 509
508  |  510
Subject:
commercial sculpting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 23:41:02 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi.
I usually ramble around BUILDING/MECHA but today I would like to
post an experience I recently had.

I had a chance to build LEGO sculptures for NIPPON-LEVER CO.
(a Japanese branch of the UNILEVER CO., the famouse housekeeping
and food products company).

Please take a look at:
http://member.nifty.ne.jp/ken-tucky/WORKS/0077.html

The booklet seen here is a company profile send to university
students that are willing to be employed. The booklet tells at the
first page that every products are made not only from materials
but each people in the company. So here the LEGO models are used
to visualise their products made of small brick pieces.

The  NIPPON-LEVER products I made were MOD'S HAIR shampoo, LUX
shampoo, LIPTON tea, RAMA margarine, PONS facial cream, and
DOMESTOS detergent. They were twice as big than the real package
to form sure shapes and details.I did not use any special bricks like
rounded or angled to let the models clearly seen as a cluster of bricks.

This was my very first time to make LEGO models for commercial
use. The client (an ad company) did not hurry me so I finished them
without regret. Of course it was fun!

The ad company sent me an offer by viewing my LEGO creations site.
Everyone that have own creations site may have a chance like me,
so keep the motivation!