 Fun / *1368 (-20)
  Re: Legoroscope : Daily Lego Horoscope at www.rotule.qc.ca

That's very cool and funny! Now to empty my vacuum cleaners dust bag... :) -JHK (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

Hi David - (...) Snipped a good illustration :-) (...) I think it would be appropriate with followups set to lugnet.people (which I've done to this message). It would also be appropriate in lugnet.off-topic.debate, though from experience I seriously (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: online communites

(...) Ive only been here a few weeks but I already see this atleast software wise. I'm a distributed systems solutions junkie of the old kind and to see: pov, mlcad, ldraw, l3p, l3pao, bricktrack, bricklink, brickset, peeron and who knows what else (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: The "LUGNET community" vs. the "LEGO community," and computer literacy

"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message news:HDJoDL.156p@lugnet.com... (...) documentation (...) joining (...) I wasnt sure where to put this but since it came up here I thought this might work. I am an NNTP posting fan so when I found (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

No he was basically showing dont judge a book by its spiritual cover. Its a sad an unfortunate thing that todays churches are regularly filled with people who look and act and seem like the nicest people around but in fact are anything but saved. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Legoroscope : Daily Lego Horoscope at www.rotule.qc.ca

(URL) it is. We had promised you a new feature for about 10 days now, it's now finally ready and running. The Legoroscope : LEGO Horoscope daily updated. Just go on our website, write your birthdate in the textbox and click. A cookie will be set on (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Let me understand you teaching... You mean that you were convincing children that they belonged in church? (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  After a failure you have to bounce back

Well, Last question of Top 10 lists was: Top 10 LEGO recors it would be fun to watch someone break. It didn't generate enough answers, so we dropped it. Apart from stucking parts up your nose or swallowing then, there was nothing really interesting. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

I went the other way once in a Sunday morning service some time ago. I made a parable using an ordinary LEGO brick, a LEGO minifig gun, and a 100% compatible 2x4 clone brick. I asked some children to point out which one was not a Lego part, and of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Vidsig

Hey dean - I noticed some hits comming from here on my web stats... thought I'd take a look see where it was comming from :) you have two problems, one - at the time of typing this, your brickshelf folder is not yet public, try posting a deep link (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: The "LUGNET community" vs. the "LEGO community," and computer literacy

(...) [...] (...) Cool. (...) A good goal for LUGNET to have. What I'm trying to get to is this; I believe, based on what I've heard coming out of discussions with many different types of LEGO fans, there are (sometimes quite valid) perceptions (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: The "LUGNET community" vs. the "LEGO community," and computer literacy

(...) I agree. Let's all keep this in mind over the next few weeks as the setup/sign-up stuff on LUGNET is overhauled and keep our collective eyes out for points of confusion. (...) I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The core purpose of LUGNET (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  online communites

howD all, as a professional online community manager and developer, i also agree that the lego community needs to "get w/ the program" as it were. online communities are held together by sharing standards among multiple kinds of websites re: their (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I don't give people the full art-school style firm, no-nonsense critique - which I'm perfectly capable of doing, having come up through the Long Beach State illustration program and have had as many as 10 artists working for me on software (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  The "LUGNET community" vs. the "LEGO community," and computer literacy

(...) Hi Michael - (...) Not at all! In fact, I think as this thread continues, we're getting better and better responses, getting down to the meat of things. (...) There are many LEGO fans which fit that description. More than half of my train club (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating (was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Ummm...no, that would be me. (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating (was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

(...) Hi Tim, I've been reading this post with fascination and hope I'm not replying too late. First, thanks for bringing up such an interesting topic! For me, LUGNET is a great way to catch up on Lego-related news, and I consider myself a member of (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Fun with babelfish

Here's one: Castle rules, space stinks. Then to Korean and back... The castle governs space offensive odor. Another: Castle is boring, space can be excting. After: The castle is piercing, space can be emotive. Another: Why would anybody play with (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun)

  Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating (was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

Hi Mike - Great comments! (...) Yep. I think it's not too cool when people are afraid to post constructive criticism. I think though, people only get upset at posters when they say something blatantly negative about a model - which discourages (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) My personal feeling is that there are some unwritten rules that strongly *discourage* talking about a LEGO model that someone posts. I certainly have the impression that no matter how well-intentioned, if there is a single sentence in a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact