 Fun / *1343 (-20)
  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

Nooooo! dont give him any more ideas its not right I tell ya, I feel so ... so .. unclean ;) -- James Stacey ------ www.minifig.co.uk Lugnet Member #925 I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) Oh, that was just something I added to make a little story around the Fabuland-head -> Technic fig thing. (...) You can see this MOC and it's announce thread here: (URL) regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) None that I've ever heard of, but some people are sheap or rabbits IMHO. Some also eat like horses... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) Yep! I would have shown that too but I don't own any Belville (yet). Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) I need a dictionary! "profanation 2. The act of treating with abuse or disrespect, or with undue publicity, or lack of delicacy." Would I? Never! :) They are all true LEGO(tm) products! "desecration blasphemous behavior" "blas·phe·my 2. An (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)

A better question would be, why do people come (...) got (...) Well, I discuss religion with respect to Legos because my spiritual relationship to Christ is the focus of my life and EVERYTHING else is secondary. If it were possible I wouldnt take a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Absolutely Nothing! :) (Was: Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ?)

I have one particular spin on lego building/playing/sculpting that strikes me quite personally. I had it in my splash page for a while at my bricklink store but Ill give you the edited down version here: (Be forwarned, its based upon my experience (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

Hey Frank - Wish I could devote time to replying to this inline -- but gotta get moving on other stuff tonight. I totally understand the concerns with this. I'm not sure our club's approach to handling this, save the parents' involvement with the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) LOL Mr. Johnson needs a bigger engine on that tractor. How's he gonna compete with that : P (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Don't be afraid to advocate techniques over others, but explain why one is 'better.' I don't think anyone will argue with you that interlocking bricks is better than stacking one on top of each other when building a wall :-) (...) You can show (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) ROSCO (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Vidsig

Hi all, I haven't been building much since I have used up most of my time trying to make movies. After many experiments in different software, I made this small video short. It is my video signature (in the tradition of Bluntmation: (URL) for my (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Many thanks Tim, your reply is really encouraging. I currently try to figure out the best way to write a building tutorial. The three major difficulties are: 1. It is REALLY intimidating to write the first tutorial ever. I don't want to be (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

(...) Belville dolls (at least assuming you used the Fabuland necks)... Frank (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: Meet the Johnson Family!

it's disgusting it's profanation it's desecration :))) it reminds me toy story and the construction-spider with doll head i will not sleep well today tobbe :) pixel "Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:HDGBwD.qwr@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.fun)

  Meet the Johnson Family!

Hi all! I made a cool little discovery today and quickly made this page, I hope it will generate a little laugh or at least a smile to brighten your day! (URL) regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.fun, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ?

In lugnet.general, Tim Courtney writes: <snip> (...) Yeah, I've always been a big fan of the concept. Granted, I don't build with it, but I think it is a brillant way to get gets building and learning about basic mechanics. The audience for these (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ? (was: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I used to be on the side of encouraging clubs to not have age requirements, however, under more consideration, I'm more open to the idea. In my opinion, the biggest reason is the way our country handles child abuse allegations. Because of the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) I definitely have caught on to the idea that LEGO fans aren't one community, but several communities. We use the term "the LEGO community" to signify people who are seriously interested in LEGO and LEGO-related topics, and who build (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: What's so Adult about it Anyway ?

(...) Yep. (...) True. I think it's great to encourage those kids who don't build LEGO on this level to explore it. I have gained a new appreciation for Bionicle recently, at BricksWest and at a friend's house a couple weeks ago. His kids have a lot (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact