 General / 41895
41894  |  41896
Subject:
For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:16:45 GMT

A better question would be, why do people come
to a LEGO site to discuss religion and politics? :-) (you know what I've • got
in my skip filter...)

Well, I discuss religion with respect to Legos because my spiritual
relationship to Christ is the focus of my life and EVERYTHING else is
secondary. If it were possible I wouldnt take a crap without seeking God's
blessing first. As such when I came to LegoVille here at lugnet I had to
take a good long hard look at what I wanted to give and recieve from the
community here with respect to my relationship to Christ for he is the
measuring pole by which I compare everything.

For the give, my service is simply provision of information.  I will engage
in conversation about Christ or religion or theology or whatever with any
person that seeks such understanding. I will not ram it down their throat
and I will do my best to not over step any personal bounds.  I will express
my views where I feel that they are the most beneifitial to those around me.
(I do this of all things not just my spiritual views.  If I know how to help
you build that widget or find that wotzit on the web I will give that
information just as freely as why I feel that building Lego's is a religios
experience.)

For the recieving I am simply looking for new friends and in essence
'family'.  People to share similar experiences with and get to know. To
share what I have learned about life and Lego and to recieve from them their
own knowledge and understanding to the same.

But in the process of looking at the whole Lego experience I realized that
for many people building with Lego is a truly 'religious' or 'spiritual'
experience.

I posted the whole theological details in a different post under this thread
but to boils down to two things:

1) All God asks of anyone in life is for them to return home to Him and
become his child.  Something that I think the experience of building with
Legos puts you in touch with.
2) Every time you create you are walking in the footsteps of the creator.
Doesnt matter what you are building, if it has an ounce of healthy
creativity in it. (And most creators know that themselves while they are
doing it.) then you are utilizing the same spiritual process that God used
when creating this world that we live in.

This is all simply the truth that I have to share with those that wish to
listen. Sometimes I preface my discussion with warnings and sometimes I
dont.

But I am not ramming my theology down anyones throat..

Having a relationship with Christ as God is the focus of my life and
offering to share that gift with anyone who wish to recieve it is part and
parcel to that relationship.  I was designed by God to share and offer that
gift freely as was anyone who lays claim to having that relationship.