 FAQ / 892 (-20)
  Re: Color chart

(...) OK, I see what you mean; but even when I do that, the color is *way* off my brick-pink. As you said, definitely monitor settings- I'm sure it looks better on your computer... itprobably has to do with the fact that I have a flat monitor (just (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'm no color expert, but what I have learned over the years has told me that color matching is an incredibly difficult art/science. It's interesting, in print media, color matching is difficult, but at least once you've printed something, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Since some of the Scala colors are very close (just last night I was looking at two of the Scala oranges, and noticed how close they were), it would be best for the pictures to be taken under the same conditions. Of course that could be hard (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) just to keep in mind: lightness will vary depending upon your computer's gamma setting. That is to say, if you're running a Mac with default settings, some colors will look lighter than on my computer or an average PC running Windows. You've (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Aaaaaarrrrgh(Suzanne screams as her head pops!)splat. Indeed it has a long way to go toward completeness. =-) (...) I would love to add this. I found this message thread: (URL) I have a Mac and can't display the .dat file. Is is easy to make (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) How did you determine what colors to use? I'm asking because the light colors don't come up too well on my computer (true color settings). For example, purple (what I'd call dk. pink, but ne'er mind) shows up pretty close to the real thing, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Oh I totally agree. I hoped that other folks could help with this. But I'm not sure if it should be photo'd all under same conditions. I have all but two in that chart.. Let's say: if anyone has those sorts of pictures laying about already, (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I hope so! Maybe a bit far-fetched, but they could even have their ordering system online, with part AND color selection. That would be fabulous. I've heard some ideas jumbled around; and TLC probably already has something like LDraw's (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Ew. darn. I dunno. I haven't got any of those elements. Do you? If someone could place it next to, say, the ThrowBots light blue and report back, that'd be great. Unless that's what you're saying you did, Lar? (...) Hey! really? I missed that. (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

In lugnet.faq, Frank Filz writes: [...] (...) Hey! this seems like serioiusly a resonable thing to ask LD for, in connection with ordering elements. I wonder if they've got anything prepared for online color selection. (?) So many companies provide (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Yup, I thought so too. If you look at my HTML, you'll see commented out links to other ways to view the chart. One is with notes inline.It'll only take me a minute to add that optional view. I was just really tired when posting last night. (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) more easily see the notes at the same time as the color bar they're refering to. One thought would be a frames version of the page with the text in a seperate frame from the chart, another would be a "wide view" side by side (but that is only (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I keep thinking about making a color chart. The problem is the colors I only have a handfull of examples of, and especially those which the only example is an awkward piece. I think we should press LD to make it easy for us and release a (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) I'd stump for BLUE+1.5 as it's not as light as +2 but it's blue in hue, not blue green. (see (URL) ... although the pic at Brickshelf is much larger and therefore better, it's the same pic) This chart is handy. We all can't be like Conan who (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) like (...) specs (...) Looks good! BLUE-VIOLET+2: Isn't this used in Belville for base bricks and the fences in 5840 Garden Playmates? I have sometimes called this color lavendar but I don't know how correct that is. I have seen one or two (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

Looks good, you seem to have most of the colors there. All you are missing are the transparents, the surface treated stuff, the stuff that is non plastic, the colors that are only used on decorations and not as elements themselves and that silver (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Color chart

(...) Agreed! The order of the colours are really impressive. Good work. I think the colour chart would be even more useful if you could provide a small example picture of a part for each colour. For "Orange -2", you could have a scanned 1x2 brown (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.faq)

  Color chart

I have a finished rough draft of an element color chart: (URL) to see how much order there can be to what was (to me) seeming like a jumble of new colors. Rather than render each swatch as an image, I used HTML's table background specs for the (...) (24 years ago, 29-May-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What color is this?

(...) Whoah! that sounds like a challenge. good luck :-) (...) Yes. and that's a tricky one because of things like Fabuland. Some colors were there first. For someone like me, I only see them in catalog pictures (at best). help will be needed for (...) (24 years ago, 23-May-00, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What color is this?

(...) Maybe I'll try it over the weekend. I may even do a bit of associated detective work to find the part which is available in the most different colors. I hopefully can get good pictures. I have a slave flash which I have made good use of with (...) (24 years ago, 22-May-00, to lugnet.scala, lugnet.publish, lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact