 FAQ / 1342 (-20)
  Re: RTL query

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:HnKvCp.nnL@lugnet.com... (...) cut the (...) It may have cut the number of total discussions, but your personal judgement of "quality" can hardly be considered a "truth". One nice thing (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Message awaiting authentication

(...) There's no way to do this. There's quite a bit written up about the technical details. If you're interested, try one of these threads: (URL) search for 'authentication' in the admin news groups. If you want to avoid the approval email, join (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Message awaiting authentication

How do I eliminate the need to approve each NNTP post to Lugnet? (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: How to Signature?

(...) It is my belief that there is not currently a way from the web interface to automatically include a signature. What I suspect many people do is keep a small text file handily linked from their desktop so they can cut and paste, or perhaps use (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq, FTX)

  Re: How to Signature?

(...) ... I don't see a way to do it, either. I know there was some discussion back in May of 2003 about signatures and signature abuse, but I can't recall if there was a feature that was subsequently taken out or never implemented in the first (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  How to Signature?

Ok, this may be a dumb question where the answer is more than obvious to most users - but where or how can I set up a signature that will automatically be included in my posts here? There are several people who have a signature - but I can find or (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RTL query

In lugnet.faq, Tim David wrote: <snip> (...) Tim, r.t.l (rec.toys.lego) is a USENET newsgroup. USENET is a text-based, bulletin-board type messaging system that predates the WWW by at least a decade. rec.toys.lego started on USENET in 1994 (its (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: RTL query

(...) rec.toys.lego is a UseNet newsgroup. If your ISP has a news server subscribe to the group, its still active. Or you can read along on Google: (URL) old DejaNews archives are now on Google as well. -Rob. (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.faq)

  RTL query

I was looking up Shiri Dori today, partly because I was bored and partly because hers was a name that always used to pop up and doesn't now. Anyway.... one thing that I came across was RTL. My understanding was that it was basically a predecesor to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: My sets on LUGNET

(...) Heh, like I actually know that. Most of the parted out parts went out in copies of sets I sell, especially MTW-3002 and MTW-2001, so it's not exactly clear. :-) (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.faq)

  Re: My sets on LUGNET

(...) The above is all correct. Note that if you are not a LUGNET member, you can still keep track of your sets/parts on Peeron - log in with a peeron account, go to a specific set (such as (URL) and click on "Add Copy" on the right side box. Repeat (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.faq)

  Re: My sets on LUGNET

(...) Hi Jaco ... I trust you're recovered from LW by now. Thanks again for all your kindness! As far as I know this is how to do it but I could be wrong - be a LUGNET member, be at the lugnet website, be logged on - go here (URL) drill down to a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.faq)

  Re: Betterblocks 1375 Combo Kit

(...) Hi Stan: There's only one newsgroup on LUGNET that deals with compatible brands of brick: lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands. You may have more luck with your question there. I did find one online seller of the blocks you're looking for: (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Betterblocks 1375 Combo Kit

Hi, I saw advertisement of BetterBlocks 1375 Combo Kit, which is similar to LEGO, but the units are round on QVCUK.com, some time ago (y.2000). I take interest in this product, but QVC does not sell it at a present time. Will it be possible to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: adding a set to the data base

(...) Scott, I forwarded this to admin.database. One of the Admins there should be able to help you with this. -- Cary (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.faq, lugnet.admin.database)

  adding a set to the data base

I have a set that is Model Maker No. 2 and it is not in the database. The set consists of a mini-wheel camper, car and house trailer. There is no date, but appears to be late '60s. There is line of text reading "Form No. 7002 Printed in U.S.A." How (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Re: Lego Terms?

(...) For acronyms, see: (URL) Fleebnork is a fictional space barnacle developed by Mark Sandlin. See (URL) is the most dangerous substance known to man. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Lego Terms?

Can Some one help me out? Im new here and I'd like to know all the names and stuff you guys use for lego. The only one I know is SNOT studs not on top. But what the heck is a FLEEBNORK? Or a spamcake? or anything? HELP! (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.faq)

  Zooming in robolab, printing in RCX

Is there any way to zoom into the icons in robolab, they are a bit tiny and I wanted to know if I could make them look bigger so its easier to see. Also does the RCX Code (or RIS program that comes with the mindstorms kit) have the capability to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.faq, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: What does SNOT mean?

(...) Studs Not On Top. In other words, any building technique that departs from the typical studs-up design. For other acronyms, refer to: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.faq)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact