 FAQ / 1331
Re: My sets on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:33:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
How do I create a set database on LUGNET.
I want to import it into Peeron.

Thanks.

Jaco

Hi Jaco ... I trust you're recovered from LW by now. Thanks again for all your
kindness!

As far as I know this is how to do it but I could be wrong

- be a LUGNET member, be at the lugnet website, be logged on
- go here http://guide.lugnet.com/
- drill down to a particular set for example http://guide.lugnet.com/set/2996
- fill in quantities in the public copies owned field
- Add comments if you want to  (public comments can be a lot of fun to read!)
and hit submit
- repeat for all the sets you wish to track this way

Now go to Peeron
- log in to your Peeron account or create on if you don't have one
- click on the menu to modify details about yourself
- select change password/profile
- select update preferences
- add your lugnet member number and turn on automatically download your set
collection from LUGNET

Wait a bit, this update process happens periodically I think not instantly. I
forget if it's hourly or daily

Now when you go around Peeron you should see stuff changed.
for example if you go to here http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/2996-1 you should
see that you own the number of copies you entered. (for example, when I go to
5542 I see this text "My Parts: According to your set list, you own 120 copies
of this set." which is not exactly true any more, many of them got parted out

Hope that helps. Xposted to .faq