 Events / BrickWorld / 194
  Brickworld was a Blast!

The subject line says it all! Although I am still recovering from the weekend and still need to post my pics, I'll just post a quickie to say how much I enjoyed this event and that I'm already looking forward to Brickworld '08. Kudos to Adam and (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Hi John and attendees, It was nice to meet you too. I also had the chance to meet many nice people I have known over the years but never met in person, that was very cool. It was good to meet many others for the first time too. The event was (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Keep the stories coming everyone! We love hearing about all the goings-on. It sounds like this was a great event and will be even better next year. :-) Stacy and I are glad to hear everyone had a good time and we want to see all your pictures. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Where's Joe's online journal? Keep the Flickr images coming. BrickWorld was a blast -- it was good seeing a bunch of old friends, meeting new ones, and finally meeting people I've known online for years. A few shoutouts... The NILTC gang Orion (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Well, that would be (URL) here> I plan to write much more notes - almost all of these are written at 3 or 4 am... (...) More are coming - not only from me, of course. I got to take 1500 pics and now have to edit them down to a reasonable size. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) John, I guess the reason we are NOT seeing the pictures from you is cause of all the time you need to edit and crop the naughty gestures i managed to sneak in? :) Chris ps. man, if ~i~ had a camera to take a pic of Joe M's face when he met me (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Edit and cropping???? I got your edit and crop (URL) RIGHT HERE>, pal! :-) JOHN (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast! (and a big thanks... )

(...) Here's my pictures as well: (URL) Cotterman showed me how to take some panoramic pictures with my wife's camera, so I managed to take a few good ones of the event. --Mike. (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) OH MY GOODNESS, I recognize those hands and that ni... ummmm errrrrr, logo. Wow, brick events sure bring out the best in people. I must say, here and now, it was a total pleasure meeting Mr Bold John face to face, and even more of a pleasure (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) :-) (URL) HERE> is the rest of the story, complete with offending thumb. Speaking of offending digits, I will always cherish the repartee between you and Nick, Janey. What happens at the Ram, stays at the Ram! (...) :-) (...) The pleasure was (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Wow, thats a great shot, and hard to tell that you two arent wearing pants, nothing else would explain a smile that big on my face. (...) I dont believe I signed that waiver in blood... and I'm still waiting on your wife's cell number. Wink. (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) (snip) (...) you SHOULD recognize that hand. it will be in enough photos. I think it could also be seen in photos' near one Mr. Nick Kappatos. so, Things I saw at Brick World. These are some of the things that I as a first time Fest go'er have (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

What a Great Time! I was unfortuntately unable to attend the whole fest, but I came on Sunday for the public exhibition. All I can say is WOW! It was my first LEGO fest, and I had a great time. It was neat to see in person some of the creations (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

Some of us were talked to by an interviewer from The Telegraph, a UK newspaper. The story can be found, if I did the link right, at (URL) course, I talked to the guy for 10 minutes about all sorts of things and in the article I get branded as the (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general)

  Re: BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Awesome! I'm the only person *EVER* to offend Chris! Nice to meet you in person too, Magno. ;-P -Rob www.brickmodder.net (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) hum, "offend" ? No; sorry Jimmy. (Janey, stop reading) I would say more like, I'm jealous. I wish ~I~ had a cool accent that would allow me to say.... ummm, stuff. Where did I put that bowl of grits eh? Now go back to soldering. You have (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Chris Magno wrote: (snip) (...) I'm not going to ask..... Joe (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) If you don't count the 50 foot long Great Ball Contraption, or the six Mindstorms competitions from Brickworld, this is very true. :) Steve (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Or this: (URL) -Jeramy (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) I certianly agree! It was nice to have an event close enough to drive to (I can't fly with my 11 Rubbermaid bins!) without spending using up two whole days enroute. Like others said, it was also great to put faces with the people behind those (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) But Im the loudest right??? Come on, the other guys pale in comparision. (...) I am eterally grateful, because that is a stupid human trick I have tried to learn my whole life. Aside from a few spit accidents, Im doing well enough to get Shane (...) (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) accurate? If so, that should easily pass Conan & his uncle for the largest AFOL collection. Spencer (17 years ago, 27-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) Uh, he was passed LONG ago. I'm pretty sure there are more than a few BL stores with more bricks for sale than they own. JOHN (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) The GMLTC isn't big on tooting our own horn. Heck, our website probably hasn't been updated in a year or more. Conan and Chuck's collection is probably between 2.5 million and 3 million bricks. Obviously we don't have an exact count, but we've (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: BW - the truth was Re: Brickworld was a Blast!

(...) That's funny, because the first thing I ever heard from you was when you (even before I realized that you were you!) screamed out Thursday night, causing the entire hall to go silent. Knowing you now, I realize that that was classic Janey:-) (...) (17 years ago, 29-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, FTX)