 Events / BrickFest / *848 (-20)
  Re: Space Outing at BFest

It's been a year since I've been there, but last I was there they were doing a bit of remodeling (or something odd, lots of dust, detours, etc). Semi-decent food, not much selection though, and a bit expensive. Time to the nearest Metro station from (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) <snip> I don't mind people taking pictures of something I've built, I take that as a compliment. I'm not sure why anyone might want a picture of *me*, though... <grin> I think that most people who bring MOCs to a fest are doing it to 'show (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) No admission for entering either...your taxes paid for that! It's the foodthat will set you back:) However, the hours are only until 5:00 pm, I think. That could be a REAL downer. Joe (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> To: <lugnet.events.brick...gnet.com>; <lugnet.publish.phot...gnet.com>; <lugnet.general@lugnet.com> Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2002 12:12 PM Subject: Photographer etiquette (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) DO you have to be a member of the Smithsonian or pay admission in order to eat in the restaurant??? That may be a bit of a downer. (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes and totally. I think it's very much par for the course for displayed pieces to be photographed. Anyone who wishes to be an exception to this might consider a little card or note by their display to reflect that. (...) Mildly flattering, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

(...) Yes, yes. (it is an unreasonable expectation not to get pics taken of stuff, sharing ideas is part of being a fan!) (...) Yes, no, no. (...) Depends. With proper credit (or at least presented as "these are pics I took of creations") it's fine. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Re: Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

Wow, that's a lot of questions... (...) That's what happened last year, so I expect the same this year. (...) I'm bringing my work to Brickfest specifically to show it off. As such, I don't mind at all if people take pictures, whether I'm there or (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography)

  Photographer etiquette questionnaire/survey

What do you consider proper etiquette for taking photos at an event like BrickFest? I love taking pictures -- but I can get kinda trigger-happy. Please share your thoughts on the questions below! You're an exhibitor... * Do you take it as a given (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

rather than pin down the time NOW how about if we pin down a meeting place and time for all of us at BFest and then we can discuss our schedules I know I have to keep mine pretty open during the day on Saturday evening might be better... -paul (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) Count me in! Joe (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

It is definately easy to get to as the metro lets out about 1000 feet from the museum and there is a stop near the university. They serve burgers, fries, and other fast food type items. Ken (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

"Chris Giddens" <cgidd1@aol.com> wrote in message news:GyzzMq.It7@lugnet.com... (...) Space (...) interested?? (...) You know I'm down. :-) Saturday is the best day for something like this for me as well. -Jon -- | The Shipyard - (URL) My Lego (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Space Outing at BFest

(...) Well it's been talked about a bit to have a space lunch at the Air and Space Museum restaurant (The Wright Place) on Saturday. It's a short hop via Metro from what I understand, and they're fast about service (again from what I hear). It would (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  i still need to pay

Can i please still attend i am going to send in my 90$ for me andmy dad as soon has i know i can go. i know i missed the dead line but i realy want to go. Please is you say i can go ill send in a singhed note from my dad saying i will be under (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Space Outing at BFest

uh, duh, the anniversary of the first moon landing (from earth) is on July 20th. It would be appropriate if whatever Space gathering/outing we have is on that date. :-D -paul (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  (canceled)

  Re: BrickFest: Roommate matching needed

(...) ... I'd like to help one or two BrickFest attendees with their accommodations. If you haven't found a place to stay that you can afford, drop me a note. Cary cary@corp.webtv.net (22 years ago, 9-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest: Roommate matching needed

(...) Thinking about this, Chris Weeks, Lindsay Braun, and I are sharing a room at the Comfort Inn (a little farther than the Hilton, but no charge for parking which makes it cheaper if you have two or more cars). As the cost has risen somewhat (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest: Roommate matching needed

I've got a place to stay, but I've noticed a number of other people who aren't sure whether they can make it due to the cost -- or who are sure they're going but would really like to find a way to keep costs down. Does anyone out there have a hotel (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jul-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va.arl)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact