 Events / 2661 (-100)
  Re: Monorail Record

In lugnet.announce, David Eaton wrote: <snip> (...) OMG!!! I was a little meh when looking at the TD--thought it was just 'track for the sake of track', but when i looked at the pictures...!!!!! Fantastic!!! Very nicely done!! I love the (...) (12 years ago, 28-Feb-12, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Monorail Record

(...) Wow we did it! That layout is many times more impressive than I was expecting. Great job guys! If anyone ever challenges the record, don't forget a handful of other NELUGers have even more track to add... ;) -Hendo (12 years ago, 28-Feb-12, to lugnet.events)

  Monorail Record

NELUG recently held an event dedicated to setting the world record for the longest LEGO monorail track. From everything we had seen, the previous record was somewhere around 200-300 linear feet of monorail track, depending on how you counted it, (...) (12 years ago, 27-Feb-12, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug) !

  LEGO event at TRU's nationwide 2/4/12 benefitting Alex's Lemonade Stand-fight childhood cancer!

This special event being held at Toys"R"Us stores across the country lets you experience the brand new building craze, LEGO® Friends, and support Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation (ALSF) in the fight against childhood cancer! LEGO will hold an (...) (12 years ago, 2-Feb-12, to lugnet.events)

  Ballabio 2012, Italy, July 6-7-8 - New website address

New website address for the biggest italian event: (URL) graphic will be on-line very soon. Enjoy! Marco (12 years ago, 31-Jan-12, to lugnet.events)

  Ballabio 2012, Italy, July 6-7-8

The 7th edition of the major ItLUG event will be on July 6-7-8 2012. Informations on ItLUG website: (URL) organization, new AFOLs contest, AFOLs special events, new exhibition layout, new play area and many other news. Registration are open! Many (...) (12 years ago, 24-Dec-11, to lugnet.events)

  GFLUG at Tampa Train Show - Dec 17-18, 2011

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner TAMPA, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group (GFLUG) is proud to announce its participation in the Tampa Model Train Show this December 17-18, 2011 at the Florida State Fairgrounds Special Events (...) (12 years ago, 15-Dec-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  AFOLCon & The LEGOShow

AFOLCON and The LEGO Show are back for 2012! We’ve just got confirmation that AFOLCON and The LEGO Show are back for 2012! Specifically, the 3rd - 7th May 2012 in Manchester, UK. For those of you that haven’t heard about the show before, ‘AFOLCON’ (...) (13 years ago, 20-Sep-11, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  BrickCon Presentation and Sessions Proposals Due by September 7

The deadline to submit proposals for sessions at BrickCon 2011 is Wednesday, September 7. Earlier submissions are better and more likely to be scheduled at a preferred time (for example, not during the scheduled meal breaks 12-1 and 6-7:30 each (...) (13 years ago, 28-Aug-11, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  RE: Brickfete 2011 a huge success!! (at least from the feedback I got from everyone)

lol, I was just going thru these pictures on flickr when this email came in. It is great that you and others got pics up and I will be looking for more over the coming weeks. Dave, it is especially nice to see the free build outside as I saw none (...) (13 years ago, 2-Aug-11, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Brickfete 2011 a huge success!! (at least from the feedback I got from everyone)

Brickfete was fantastic! I'm still pumped and haven't come down from that high! The 4 days flew by waaay too quickly! So here's some things-- First, pics-- (URL) didn't take as many pictures as I wanted, but lack of time and energy. The good bit is (...) (13 years ago, 2-Aug-11, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  ItLUG LECCO 2011, 15/17 July, Italy - Pictures gallery

Here below some links of the last italian event organized by ItLUG. - Exhibition: (URL) GBC (URL) Robotics and cad (URL) Press videos: (URL) Press conference: (URL) Inauguration: (URL) Main Folder: (URL) (13 years ago, 30-Jul-11, to lugnet.events)

  ONE DAY SALE (1) Re: Too, 2, two, to ......

HURRY, We pay top dollar for your gold, and broken jewelry... oh PANTS! This is not the right place for that post. >XFUT to Lugnet.buy-your-gold In THIS announcement, I need to state one last time that tomorrow July 1st is the last chance to sign up (...) (13 years ago, 1-Jul-11, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  Fana'briques 2011, 24th, 25th and 26th June

Fana’briques, that’s LEGO in all its forms, meeting fans like you, sharing experiences, shopping parts and sets, enjoying your time, snacking and more! This event takes place in Rosheim, Alsace, East of France, the 24th, 25th and 26th June of June. (...) (13 years ago, 23-Jun-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.nl)

  ItLUG LECCO 2011 - Italy - July 16/17

Only one month to ItLUG LECCO 2011, Italy. The event replaces Ballabio after 5 editions. The event is now defined and the free space is only 1,5 m! 59 AFOLs (ItLUG 50, Germany 3, Netherlands 5, Spain 1) will show their MOCs. Several other activities (...) (13 years ago, 17-Jun-11, to lugnet.events)

  Too, 2, two, to ......

Two Weeks left 'till we close the Brickfête.com registration for AFOL's. (URL) After Friday July 1, we will not be able to sell you a ticket for the four day AFOL event. If you miss this, the only way you will be able to see all the cool stuff will (...) (13 years ago, 17-Jun-11, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX)

  2 Months till Brickfête

We have some Cool activities and collaborative displays planned, Such as: JaC TraC A Nano HEX bug maze where registered members bring the maze pieces, assemble them and then release the BUGS! OBB Town Standard If you would like to add your creations (...) (13 years ago, 28-May-11, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX) !

  ItLUG Lecco (Ballabio) 2011 - Updates

Some updates from the biggest italian event. - 34 AFOL registered at the moment from 4 different countries - 2000 square meters for exhibition - Activities confirmed: 1) Sumo robotic contest 2) Line follower robotic contest 3) GBC 4) Cad workshop 5) (...) (13 years ago, 21-Apr-11, to lugnet.events)

  ItLUG Lecco 2011, Italy - Ballabio moves to Lecco

The Ballabio school that hosted the event in the past 5 years is closed due to renovation. ItLUG is proud to announce that the event moves to Lecco in a bigger location: the PalaTaurus sports hall. The event will be from 15 to 17 July 2011. Web site (...) (13 years ago, 12-Mar-11, to lugnet.events)

  2011 LEGO Engineering Symposium

Dear LEGO Educator, The Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO) invites you to the 5th annual LEGO Engineering Symposium May 24-26, 2011 at Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts, USA. The LEGO Engineering Symposium aims to (...) (13 years ago, 27-Feb-11, to lugnet.events)

  Win $1000 and a LEGOLand Annual Pass in the BrickMagic Challenge!

The BrickMagic LEGO Festival (May 5-8, 2011 in Raleigh, NC) is proud to announce the first-ever BrickMagic Challenge! All BrickMagic exhibitors will have their LEGO creations automatically entered, and the best overall creation will receive $1000 (...) (13 years ago, 17-Feb-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Call for Presentations: Bricks by the Bay 2011, SF Bay Area, CA USA

Bricks by the Bay 2011 For Immediate Release January 12, 2011 Contact: Paul Sinasohn Program Chair singlow @ gmail .com Bricks by the Bay Call For Presentations Bricks By The Bay 2011 is looking for any talks, roundtables, and special activities you (...) (13 years ago, 13-Jan-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Brick Fiesta

(2 URLs) Brick Fiesta!> Mark your calendars and get ready to attend the most unique LEGO fan event in the central United States (south of Chicago!). The first Brick Fiesta is being held in Austin, Texas from June 30th to July 3rd, 2011. Since 2003 (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Brickworld 2011 - Registration Open

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that Brickworld registration is now open. We have been hard at work performing a complete overhaul on the registration process. In response to your feedback in the survey after last year's event, we have done (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Legomaster - Recent Events - Fall 2010

Hey all, I just did a show at the NJ Science and Engineering Festival in Clifton, NJ. What a great event! (URL) 1 (2 URLs) Lapse I also did a show by town square in Newport where I live. (URL) ...a few days later I did a show in Newport Mall. It was (...) (14 years ago, 28-Oct-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Help build an 8-foot R2-D2 this weekend!

Join the new LEGO® store at the Christiana Mall at their Grand Opening Celebration weekend October 1-3! Help a Master Model Builder construct an 8-ft tall model of R2-D2 out of LEGO® bricks during the LEGO® Store Grand Opening weekend beginning (...) (14 years ago, 30-Sep-10, to lugnet.loc.us.de, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Legomaster Summer 2010

Hey all, I just finished up the summer series of shows in the County Parks called the Kids Kingdom (NJ). Here are some of the links to the photos: (URL) This picture is to funny! June 5th (URL) Cedar Brook Park> (Youtube Video) July 10th (URL) (...) (14 years ago, 22-Sep-10, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj, FTX)

  Robot Competition at BrickCon 2010

This year's robot competition at BrickCon will be a racing competition. Build and program a robot able to race around an irregularly shaped gradient track while avoiding obstacles on the track. The track is approximately two feet wide, with black in (...) (14 years ago, 16-Sep-10, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Brick Bash 2011

Brick Bash, an annual public LEGO exhibition presented by the nonprofit organization Bricks for Brains, is once again happening in Ann Arbor, Michigan. The date is Saturday, March 19, 2011. All AFOLs are invited to come and show off their creations (...) (14 years ago, 8-Sep-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Last Call for Presentations at BrickCon 2010

There is a still a little time left to give a talk, moderate a roundtable, or run an activity at BrickCon 2010. Registered attendees can contact Thomas Garrison by Saturday, September 11, with a title and abstract to make it on the schedule before (...) (14 years ago, 7-Sep-10, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  LEGO® STAR WARS™ Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Star Wars Celebration V)

LEGO® STAR WARS™ Celebrates 30th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back at Star Wars Celebration V Interactive LEGO mural building event supports ‘The Empire Gives Back’ and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital ORLANDO (August 13th, 2010) – To (...) (14 years ago, 12-Aug-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Star Wars Celebration V

(URL) Many of you will be at (URL) BrickFair> this weekend in Washing, DC -- I hope you'll have a great event! Unfortunately with (URL) Star Wars Celebration V> just around the corner, all of us at (URL) GFLUG> have been hard at work and can't make (...) (14 years ago, 5-Aug-10, to lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Brick Show 2010.

We are almost ready for Brick Show 2010. Check out our facebook page for updates on the show, and things going on at the museum until the show! We are working on the modules for the tower now! Prototype is standing strong, and is able to take a (...) (14 years ago, 10-Jul-10, to lugnet.events)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.&#8207;

(...) www.quelug.org should be there, already four members of our LUG express some intent to be there. (14 years ago, 17-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Monster Chess pits LEGO bots in game of awesome

From Cnet.com By Matt Hickey Monster Chess pits LEGO bots in game of awesome I hate playing chess. I don't hate the game; in fact it's pure strategy, something I love. But despite years of practice, I still almost never win. And now, it would seem, (...) (14 years ago, 15-Jun-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  Perth Model Railway Show 2010 Pics

Hi All, The Perth Model Railway Show was a huge success! 40,000 people through the doors and most of them crowding around our display! Take a look at my pics here... (URL) visit our site... (URL) Adult Lego Society. (14 years ago, 12-Jun-10, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.&#8207;

(...) Actually they chose Toronto a long while ago for a Lego fan convention. But they weren't sure if they could handle the crowds and security so they decided on hosting the G20 & G8 meetings to see if they are up to the task :)) (14 years ago, 10-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo

A Flickr image pool has bee created, so if you use Flickr, you can add your entry here: (URL) (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.&#8207;

(...) ...snip... I misread this post and booked off the end of August of this year. Now I have to wait until January to book off the real dates. I am looking forward to this. Cheers, Jude (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo

(...) or better Still.. Please Post you entry (or a link to your entry) Here. (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.&#8207;

(...) So you will just have to leave the east coast a day earlier... Or... Hop on a plain at your international airport and fly in... I think I recall hearing that Porter is flying between Moncton and The Toronto Island Airport now... (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.&#8207;

(...) Hey Jeff! That IS great news! While Toronto might be the hub of Canada... Moncton is the hub of... the Maritimes We have an international airport, you know! And we had AC/DC in concert last year, sooo... Nope, I'm NOT jealous! Just that is 16 (...) (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo

(...) Forgot one last thing... Entries can be sent to jenn AT thebrickchick DOT com With a topic of BricksNorth Logo Contest. (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.&#8207;

Posted on Behalf of Jenn Wagner (jenn@thebrickchick.com) BricksNorth where: Downtown Toronto, Ontario Canada at the Delta Chelsea Hotel. when: August 25-28th, 2011 Hello everybody!! Some of you may have heard that Canada will be getting a LEGO fan (...) (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Brickworld - Esther Walner Memorial Charity Auction

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is only a couple weeks away and you are helping us set records with this year's event already with a massive 795 registered attendees. While this is incredible, the one record (...) (14 years ago, 2-Jun-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Sheraton and LEGO Store, (Arizona) to team up this summer

If you are planning a trip to Arizona or live in the state of Arizona and looking something to do with the family. Sheraton, LEGO to team up this summer May 23, 2010 The Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa has again partnered with the LEGO Store (...) (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX)

  LEGO Blitz Build Competition in New Jersey, USA

LEGO Blitz Build Competition Date: May 29, 2010 - May 29, 2010 Time: 1 - 4 pm Price: $20 per child (URL) coastalhabitat.org> The LEGO Blitz Build is a public youth event designed to engage children who want to get involved with the work of Coastal (...) (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj, FTX)

  Brick Show 2010

(URL) will be the official site for the Brick Show 2010 build and show. We will be doing weekly announcements on events, special guests, and the building process up to the world record build! We will be doing an official WORLD RECORD this year! So (...) (14 years ago, 7-May-10, to lugnet.events)

  Brickworld - Keynote Speaker Plus...

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space A lot has been happening lately as we prepare for Brickworld 2010!!! We have a wonderful Keynote Speaker from the upper management of LEGO lined up for the event: Lisbeth Valther (...) (14 years ago, 4-May-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  BrickFair 2010

Hey all! It’s time to start talking about (URL) BrickFair 2010>. Some of you may ask, “What’s BrickFair?” So, if you haven’t heard here’s a quick FAQ for you: 1) BrickFair is an annual “Brick Event,” held in the (URL) D.C. area>. 2) BrickFair 2010 (...) (14 years ago, 22-Apr-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfair, FTX)

  Star Wars at BrickMagic 2010

BrickMagic (Presented by TwoMorrows Inc. and BrickJournal Magazine) will be held May 8-9, 2010 (or Mother's Day weekend) in Raleigh, NC (at the Hilton North Raleigh @ 3415 Wake Forest Road Raleigh, North Carolina 27609, to be exact). More details (...) (14 years ago, 21-Apr-10, to lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Sean Kenney LCP "Creatures of Habitat" at Philadelphia Zoo

If you are planning to visit Philadelphia, PA. area. Starting April 10, 2010 the Philadelphia Zoo invites you to enter an extraordinary world of life-size toy brick animals with the debut of "Creatures of Habitat: A Gazillion-Piece Animal (...) (14 years ago, 1-Apr-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.people, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space The Brickworld Team has arranged to create and execute our second annual Build On-The-Spot (BOTS) challenge at this year’s event. This challenge will be completed in addition to the (...) (14 years ago, 30-Mar-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brick Show 2010. Next step!

We are almost done planning. We ran a couple of test runs for different building ideas, and some stuck! If you want to help plan the show, please feel free to contact me. Looking for someone to develop the website, finish some designs, print bricks, (...) (14 years ago, 28-Mar-10, to lugnet.events)

  Brickworld - Premiere Item

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is excited to announce that Jonathan Bender, author of "LEGO - A Love Story" will be attending Brickworld this year. (URL) In honor of this, we have made arrangements with his (...) (14 years ago, 28-Mar-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Maker Faire is coming to metro Detroit! Call for makers opened

(URL) Maker Faire main logo> (URL) Maker Faire> is an event created by (URL) Make Magazine> to "celebrate arts, crafts, engineering, science projects and the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset." Maker Faire has been held in the Bay Area (SF, California) (...) (14 years ago, 19-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Film Festival in conjunction with Brick Magic

I am a bit LUGNet challenged but maybe this will work. Just wanted to announce that there will be a LEGO filmfest held in conjunction with BrickMagic. It will be on Wednesday, May 5th at the Carolina Theater in Durham. I am posting this because the (...) (14 years ago, 19-Mar-10, to lugnet.events)

  Re: BrickMagic: Motorized LEGO Boat Race

(...) "have fun, not to exclude anyone", that's a great answer all by itself. Yes, I'm trying to keep my question very specific to keep that 'can of worms' closed. Since the RC Car race looks to be open to the public, but is happening Friday night, (...) (14 years ago, 18-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: BrickMagic: Motorized LEGO Boat Race

(...) We'd like for contestants to be AFOLs, simply because of potential water damage to electromechanical items; but we'd consider making exceptions. 'Simple heats' (not 'heaps') are geared more towards younger contestants -- a boat haul & a few (...) (14 years ago, 18-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: BrickMagic: Motorized LEGO Boat Race

(...) I have to ask if this is open to all ages ? I noticed that the RC Car Race for Friday night that was just posted on the Brickmagic site is for 16yr and younger only, no AFOLs. Totally understand the links to previous boat races was a all age (...) (14 years ago, 18-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Brickworld - 2010 Event Kits & Preorder

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is happy to announce that we have designed 2, yes, TWO classic space themed event kits for the 2010 event. The kits are: Moon Rover (URL) Speedster Spaceship (URL) These kits (...) (14 years ago, 11-Mar-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Fourth Kostky.org exhibition

Hi, I'd like to inform you that fourth Kostky.org exhibition will start on March 20 in Roztoky (about 15 kms north of Prague). More information is here: (URL) just came back from the first building weekend and I must say I was impressed by the (...) (14 years ago, 8-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  BrickMagic: Motorized LEGO Boat Race

This is a call for participation in a Motorized LEGO Boat Race to be held at BrickMagic - a LEGO Fan event in Raleigh, North Carolina on May 7, 8, and 9, 2010 - Mother’s Day weekend! I had posted (URL) the rules> awhile back & they have worked well (...) (14 years ago, 3-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Fan Events Vendors

(...) Very good points, Ted. What I can tell you from my perspective is this...I have no problems paying a little extra if the venue has been upgraded. This is expected. Beyond that, I can tell you that we have had to discontinue several sets due to (...) (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.events)

  Brick Show 2010 in the planning stages.

We are starting the planning phase of Brick Show 2010. Our fund raiser has already started. And we will be looking to sell more buttons to raise $$ to complete another world record! We have already contacted Guinness, and we will be posting weekly (...) (14 years ago, 26-Feb-10, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Fan Events Vendors

Perhaps costs have increased along with the profitability of vendor tables? I don't run a con and I only have experience as an attendee at BrickCon in Seattle but I have been going since 2006 and paying attention. From 2006 - 2009 the event moved to (...) (14 years ago, 25-Feb-10, to lugnet.events)

  Fan Events Vendors

I can remember when they first started and it was $25 per table... Suddenly, I look, and the vast majority (save BrickFair) is $100/table even though the economy is in the tank and the price of Lego on the "fan market" (i.e. BrickLink) is nearly (...) (14 years ago, 25-Feb-10, to lugnet.events)

  GFLUG at the Orange Blossom Special Train Show

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner MANATEE COUNTY, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group and Train Club (GFLUG/GFLTC) is proud to announce its participation in the RealRail’s Orange Blossom Special Train Show this February 27-28, (...) (14 years ago, 25-Feb-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  2010 Brickworld Theme

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover After much deliberation, the Brickworld Team is excited to announce that the theme for this year's event is: 2010: Bricks In Space So, let's all try to work something "spacey" into our displays somewhere in (...) (14 years ago, 10-Feb-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Collectible Brick Show!!!

(...) (14 years ago, 8-Feb-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Announcements of one type or another...it's been a while!

Hi all, it's been some time since I posted here about BrickJournal, and for those wondering, no I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Far from it. And I'll be telling you what's been going on... BrickJournal BrickJournal has grown from an (...) (14 years ago, 8-Feb-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Re: Registration open for Bricks by the Bay Convention April 9-11 2010, Fremont California

(...) Oops, I linked to the Brothers Brick article by mistake.... You can get there indirectly but the direct link is: (URL) (14 years ago, 4-Feb-10, to lugnet.events, FTX)

  Registration open for Bricks by the Bay Convention April 9-11 2010, Fremont California

The San Francisco Bay area in California is hosting a new LEGO convention later this spring called Bricks by the Bay. The event will be held in Fremont on April 9-11, 2010. You can now (URL) for Bricks by the Bay> on our website. Hurry - early (...) (14 years ago, 4-Feb-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Brickworld Registration Open

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The team at Brickworld is excited to announce that registration for the 2010 event at the Westin is now open. Preorder items will be posted on the web site soon (including 2 event kits). The theme is (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jan-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Brickworld Registration & Brickworld Indy

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The team at Brickworld is excited to announce that registration for the 2010 event at the Westin will open on January 1st. We look forward to seeing everyone in Chicago in June. We are presently updating the (...) (14 years ago, 20-Dec-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  GFLUG at Tampa Train Show - Dec 19-20, 2009

For Immediate Release Contact: Robin Werner TAMPA, FLORIDA - The Greater Florida LEGO Users Group (GFLUG) is proud to announce its participation in the Tampa Model Train Show this December 19-20, 2009 at the Florida State Fairgrounds Special Events (...) (14 years ago, 7-Dec-09, to lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  LEGOWORLD 2009

Hi all, Meet me on the 24th and 25th of October in Zwolle (The Netherlands) @ LEGOWORLD 2009! I will be presenting LDraw to the public there and bring some nice models. CU! Jaco (15 years ago, 15-Oct-09, to lugnet.events)

  Walking Robot Competition Results

(...) We had several great entries for the Walking Robot competition at BrickCon. Third place: Bryan Bonahoom at 70.55 seconds Second place: Steve Putz at 39.54 seconds First place: Gus Jansson at 30.79 seconds As they've done for so many previous (...) (15 years ago, 7-Oct-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2009

BrickCon 2009 will again have a Dirty Brickster on Saturday night. If you want to participate, you have to think ahead to wrap and bring something. If you've done it before: worth $10+ to an AFOL. No junk. Please wrap ahead of time. If you've never (...) (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun) !

  Virtual Lego Room Tour at BrickCon 2009

After the success of the first Virtual Lego Room Tour at BrickFest 2009 we've decided to do it again at BrickCon. When LUGs have a meeting at a member's house, the one thing that everyone always wants to see is the owner's build area. A Lego Room, a (...) (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.storage, lugnet.events) !

  Draft at BrickCon 2009

There will be a draft at BrickCon 2009. It is scheduled for 5:30pm Saturday. The draft set will be 5972 Space Truck Getaway. (URL) participant must bring one copy of the set to the draft, and no participant will be allowed to draft more than one (...) (15 years ago, 16-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009 - Sept. 12 - 13th 2009

(...) Show Photos from this past weekend! ENJOY! (URL) Legomaster at the Kids Kingdom - Clark New Jersey Union County Music Fest - Sept. 12 and 13th Many thanks to the Board of Chosen Freeholders. AWESOME EVENT!!! I feel so fortunate to be involved (...) (15 years ago, 14-Sep-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Walking Robot Competition at BrickCon 09

There will be a walking robot competition at BrickCon 09 this year. We'll be following the rules for "regular" robots found at (URL) with a couple of minor adjustments for LEGO robots: - All robots must be completely built of unmodified, non-glued, (...) (15 years ago, 11-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Deadline for BrickCon 2009 Registration Fast Approaching

BrickCon 2009 Preregistration ends on Tuesday, September 15. If you haven't registered yet you should. (URL) can still register online after September 15 (or at the door) but you will not get a personalized brick badge (instead you get the boring (...) (15 years ago, 9-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  From GeekDad: BrickFair 2009: LEGO, LEGO, Everywhere!

BrickFair 2009: LEGO, LEGO, Everywhere! By Matt Blum August 25, 2009 As you might imagine, it’s not often that I feel like one of the less geeky people in any room. Yet I had just such an experience this past Sunday at BrickFair. I found myself (...) (15 years ago, 26-Aug-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009

Pics from Sunday! 7. Conant Park, Hillside, NJ - August 16th, 2009. KIDS KINGDOM (URL) Park, Hillside New Jersey - 08-16-09>> (URL) Eric Sophie> (URL) Legomaster> (URL) Biomechanical Bricks> (15 years ago, 17-Aug-09, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Dwarves for Distance Competition at BrickCon 09!

Hey All! Getting tired of the those pesky dwarf minifigs hanging around and getting in the way? Launch 'em! At BrickCon 09, Castle will be hosting a seige engine competition called "Dwarves for Distance". This event is in honor of the convention (...) (15 years ago, 11-Aug-09, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit Show

(...) I messed up the Youtube.com video link! (URL) Check it out: (URL) Thanks Dave! There were many impressive decks at the show. Many of the Artists provided amazing works. I felt pretty humble, then more and more people started commenting and (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jul-09, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj, FTX)

  Re: Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit Show

(...) As a skateboarder myself, I have to say that this is (insert expletive here) awesome! Great work on this board Eric. Skateboard art has always been interesting to me and I almost feel like half my addiction to various 'board sports' was due to (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jul-09, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj, FTX)

  Re: SPACE! @ TSL2009

So bad I wasn't there :( Marco (15 years ago, 24-Jul-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events)

  Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit Show

Board to LIVE - Skate Board Art Show - Benefit for the March of Dimes. (URL) Brickshelf Gallery LINK> Abbey's Too, Bayonne, New Jersey - 06-26-09 (3 URLs) During the month of June 2009 I worked with legendary local Tattoo Artist: (URL) RULER> to (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj, FTX)

  Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009 - Show Pics

(...) 3. Brooklyn, New York - July 11th, 2009. MTM Street Fair (URL) 4. Mt. Caramel, Berkeley Heights, NJ - July 12th, 2009. KIDS KINGDOM (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 13-Jul-09, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Re: The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

Just a quick reminder that the National Train show is this weekend in Hartford, CT. Also, Jamie's plans have changed slightly, so he'll be speaking on Friday and Saturday instead of Saturday and Sunday. If you're in the area, please feel free to (...) (15 years ago, 7-Jul-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, FTX)

  SPACE! @ TSL2009

WOW! (URL) by: V2 (15 years ago, 3-Jul-09, to lugnet.space, lugnet.events)

  Call for Presentations/Sessions at BrickCon 2009

BrickCon 2009 is looking for any talks, roundtables, and special activities you would like to see at the Con this year. Going to and putting on sessions are one of the things that makes a Lego convention fun. Past talks have included manufacturing (...) (15 years ago, 26-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  Bricks by the Bay Status Update

Bricks by the Bay, the first ever LEGO convention for northern California, will be held on April 9-11, 2010 in Fremont, California. See (URL) for more information. We have announced a contest for the logo for the 2010 convention. See the (URL) logo (...) (15 years ago, 24-Jun-09, to lugnet.events, FTX) !

  Brickworld - WGN Broadcast

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover Thank you again for registering to attend Brickworld this year! We are looking forward to a dymanic event this weekend. To kick things off, we just received final confirmation that WGN-TV will be visiting (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Brickworld - Exhibit Setup Information/Logistics

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover With only a couple days to go until the big event, please take note of the following information for setup and takedown: Location: The Westin Chicago North Shore 601 N. Milwaukee Avenue Wheeling, Illinois (...) (15 years ago, 16-Jun-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  The LEGO Group to Participate in NMRA National Train Show 2009

As part of the National Train Show on July 10-12, 2009 in Hartford, CT, Jamie Berard, set designer of the newly released 'Emerald Night' and employee of The LEGO Group (TLG), will participate as part of the show. Jamie will be giving a talk on both (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jun-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Re: LEGOMASTER - SUMMER 2009 - Show Pics

(...) Pics from this weekend! 1. Cedar Brook Park, Plainfield, NJ - June 6th, 2009. KIDS KINGDOM (URL) Kingdom Cedar Brook Park - June 6th 2009>> 2. Liberty State Park, Jersey City, NJ - June 7th, 2009. (URL) City Cultural Festival - June 7th 2009>> (...) (15 years ago, 8-Jun-09, to lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.events, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact