 Events / 2612
2611  |  2613
Subject:
BrickFair 2010
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfair
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:02:42 GMT

Hey all! It’s time to start talking about BrickFair 2010.

Some of you may ask, “What’s BrickFair?”

So, if you haven’t heard here’s a quick FAQ for you:

1) BrickFair is an annual “Brick Event,” held in the Washington D.C. area.

2) BrickFair 2010 dates are: Registrants: Aug 5-8. Public dates: Aug 7-8.

3) BrickFair is (for the most part) staffed by many of the same people who have in the past also staffed BrickFest, when it was held in the Washington D.C. area.

4) BrickFair 2010 is being staged at a new (to us) facility; The Dulles Expo Center.

5) BrickFair selects a unifying theme each year for builders and exhibitors to align with; this year’s theme is – MUSIC.

6) BrickFair is a not for profit event, that supports (specifically) The SladeChild Foundation.

7) BrickFair succeeds due to the overwhelming support of the Registrants assisting the BrickFair Staff, to put on a great show.

New this year:

1) Larger display space: The Dulles Expo Center has the largest floor space that any event (in this area at least) has previously had. We will have over 50,000 sq ft, plus conference rooms for “Brick Films,” seminars, and “Stay and Play.”

2) Video Games.

3) A moon bounce (bouncy castle, for our European friends), (intended for public day).

4) Yard Sale (for those Registered). Bring your unwanted brick to the yard sale and have many captive customers available to take those bricks off your hands. Conversely, find that rare piece that you’ve been looking for that’s never available (on say, Bricklink) without spending $20, just for shipping.

Plus lot’s more!

We’re hoping that you come and see what all we have in store this year.

If you’ve already registered, but still want to help us help ourselves, there are still a few ways that you can lend a hand; have a look here. Or, contact me directly at my email.

If you haven’t registered yet, please consider volunteering. We know that you don’t get anything for free, so there are some perks to volunteering, the least of which is community recognition from the BrickFair participants.

So, thanks in advance. And we’ll see you all soon.

Have Fun!

C-Ya!

Rich

BrickFair,