 Events / 2605
2604  |  2606
Subject:
Film Festival in conjunction with Brick Magic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 04:04:35 GMT

I am a bit LUGNet challenged but maybe this will work.

Just wanted to announce that there will be a LEGO filmfest held in conjunction
with BrickMagic. It will be on Wednesday, May 5th at the Carolina Theater in
Durham. I am posting this because the idea was hatched in my printing room in a
printing session with Joe. I always liked seeing the movies at conventions, but
they were always kind of an afterthought and the venue was not really a movie
house. So I thought what the heck, why not just rent a theater and have it
there.  Joe liked the idea and he and his partner got asking around and wow--got
the Carolina Theater in Durham (a short drive from Raleigh) andthey are actually
going to do it.Should be a lot of fun.

http://www.durham-nc.com/resources/images/locations/carolina_theatre_l.jpg

http://trianglenace.com/images/meeting/carolina_theater.jpg

Now that is a real venue for movies.

http://www.brickmagic.org/view/info/BrickFlix/

My idea was to make it an annual event-and become the Cannes of LEGO. I think
should also give out LegOscars and Fig Choice Awards. Have Red Carpets and
paparazzi. But that will come later.

Just wanted to let the world know.

Tommy Armstrong
The BrickEngrver/BrickPrinter