 Events / *836 (-20)
  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

I don't know who got the signs or where they came from, but I did manage to get my own sign and flag from the station in Mebane, NC. I've contacted Shell for a complete list of participating stations, which the woman in charge of promotions was (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.promo)

  US Lug Event

Hi With all the talk about a west coast Brickfest, it made me wonder if anyone would be willing to go to a national event. An event where east can meet west. I think there should be a west coast BrickFest first of all. You guys need a regional time (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) But AFOLs do not REQUIRE LUGs. You make it sound like LUGs are a requirement for a Fest. They're not. They're helpful, they increase the chance of attendees, but they're not required. And you shouldn't have mentioned PNLTC with your (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> (...) Ya, I know - but maybe that just means there is nobdy that wants to be the one to organize the club, and maybe you are right. I have no idea. But, I do know of 9 AFOLS in Arizona :) lol (ok, i know that is a sad #) (...) Yes. But (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

And now for my comments on the survey, and last bunch of posts on the subject. I feel that these are the most important and telling numbers from the survey. One by one-by the question: (...) I think it is fairly obvious that most folks would enjoy (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

I am basically 'me too-ing' what Mark said, but I think he was working on the same point that I was. As for what Bryan said about San Francisco being central, yes it would be, if you were talking about only California. But there are groups in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

As promised, here are the results of my impromptu survey about the need/want of a Brickfest style event on the West Coast. You can find the results at the same survey result page as before, at: (URL) (the format is a bit easier to read there, also). (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events) !

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

in article GGLICz.GA1@lugnet.com, tom wrote: <snip> (...) Really? Maybe it's a silly assumption to make, but I don't see any LUGs in Nevada, Arizona, or Mexico. My point was that we have SEALUG, VicLUG, VLC, NALUG, and PNLTC all within a reasonable (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ... (...) "Brickfest" (...) Seconded. (...) Not only the cost... but if there was a fest in Seattle I'd drive down with a van FULL of MOCs. I'm currently building a city block on a 64 x 128 stud area, and that just (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Shell stuff, at Brickfest

Would someone please tell the story of how those Lego signs got into the door prize drawing? Did they come from the Shell station across from the exit for Potomac Mills? Those guys looked pretty tired of being asked, I would not blame them for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) Awesome, Troy, excellent job documenting so much stuff. Maybe we should make you the official Brickfest photographer or something next year! ;D Jeff (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) I'll hope that you weren't hallucinating and that some progress has been made after all, so this could indeed be very good news :) (Well, someone has to be optimistic!) Deidre drb@tasmail.com (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  LDraw and Brickfest: General summary and comments

Hi everyone!! I'm going to give a general summary of how LDraw happenings went at Brickfest. Right now I'm away from my computer (actually at Bram Lambrecht's in Cleveland) so I can't post pictures and write articles for the site just yet. And (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Brickfest news flash

Actually, I got the IMPRESSION from what was said that the decision of where to ship from had been made, but Brad didn't specifically tell us which facility would be handling it. Of course, I could just be hallucinating here.... Troy Deidre Rushton (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Oh. My. Gawd. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

I've uploaded the pictures that I took at Brickfest in the Castle Room. They can be found on Brickshelf here: (URL) are not captioned, as I don't know everyone or everything in them. They have been resized to a tolerable size though, and sorted into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I am assuming that he meant there are alot more people in S. Cal. than the areas you mentioned. Granted way up north wold attract people from more states, but the states up there are alot smaller. And, there are alot of other things to do in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Indeed. What's sort of sick about trains is there is unlimited upside. The more you have, the more you want... you just keep making bigger and bigger and bigger layouts and so forth. This can be true in any theme if the bug bites you but it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Sounds Like a Great idea! I'd be happy to contribute whatever I could to such an event. I think as far as location goes, Seattle is by far THE best choice. It is fairly central to all of western north america. It isn't much of a drive from anywhere (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) Unfortunately, this is the decision that has had to be made for the last 12 months, and has presumably been a big part of the reason for our last two launch dates (actually more like launch windows) being postponed. I was extremely happy to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact