 Events / *326 (-20)
  Re: 59 days till BrickFest

57 days (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) ...Now that sounds like fun! :-) ...Christina: Sounds like we have a new set of events and demos to set up here. ...James: So what kind of support do you want to run? Obviously there will be the runs themselves, maybe a "build a rail racer for (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) You can run any motor you want as long as it hasn't been opened and/or modified. The ideal thing to do would be to bring along a couple of fresh motors and run the best of the bunch. I have found that brand new motors don't always run faster (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Do you randomise the motors? I can see people with a lot of motors trying to sort through their motors to find their fastest ones for the meet. (I wouldn't do that, but I know for sure I have one or two that are way slower than average and are (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

Ok great, I guess I'll have to get my trains tuned up and ready to take on the competition. jt (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

WOW! That is terrific! I love it!! I am impressed with the technology too! I would assume part of the skill is not just gunning it full speed on the green light, but rather quickly working up to speed for better traction. Oh and I assume with your (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

I've added "Rail Racers" to the list of activities and I look forward to seeing this. (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

Ok Jake here's how it works. There are two lanes of straight track (at the shows we normally have about a 15' foot strip set up). There is a speed regulator for each lane. At the starting point there is a lighted "christmas" tree controlled by a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Oh man! You know how it is when you promise your wife you will do something! (...) So I gather this is a competition with 4 (?) lengths of straight track and an engine (one motor or two?) and an additional car. Drag racing for fastest setup? (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) You should have come to the preparty (on Friday nite) instead of going out with your non Lego friends... we had some racing there, James brought two of his racers. :-) I'll never forget the look on the faces of the Holiday Inn bar crew when we (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Sounds interesting! Do tell more! I haven't heard about this before. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

I got room in the car, just need to find some room at Brickfest. If nothing else we can run them down a hall or something. The only "official" rules for the Class I drag racers are: 1) train must be no longer than 4 sections of track 2) train must (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) If you've got the room, ya! Any tips for builders? ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

Any desire for me to bring the "Rail Racers" set up with me? Any train heads want to put their trains to the test? jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) I'm happy to be the Pirate champion. (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  59 days till BrickFest

I just updated www.brickfest.com with 8 new hotel options, the most up to date list of who is attending and the DRAFT Agenda. Christina (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Mindstorms at BrickFest2001

(...) I won't be able to run any Mindstorms things, but if I drive (which is the current plan) I'll be bringing a copy of Jin Sato's MIBO robotic dog (very cool - check out his site and his book) for display. I think I'll park him at the LDraw table (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  event "champions"...

...Do we have some designated people to promote and coordinate the more scheduled like events? I'm thinking someone like Frank Filz with the Pirate game stuff. Can we create a list of who's helping where and perhaps what other areas we need help in? (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Mindstorms at BrickFest2001

...I was talking to Christina (the BrickFestMistress) the other day and it seems like we don't have a "champion" for Mindstorms stuff at BrickFest (www.brickfest.org). So anyone who is coming to BrickFest and is interested in stirring up some kind (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Jessiman family to attend Brickfest 2001

(...) ...I second that and hope that we can show them how much their son's achievement means to our community. I think they'll be impressed! :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact