 Education / 100 (-20)
  Legos and Line Plots

Howdy, ...my mother-in-law teaches middle school math, and I have been taking her lessons and rewriting them so that they use LEGOs. The following is an example...enjoy! Richard rwright@pcsedu.com www.edventures.com Title: Making LEGO Line Plots (...) (24 years ago, 15-Aug-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos and Philosophy

Howdy all, ...I had an exchange of emails with a professor in Mississippi concerning teaching statistics and philosophy with Legos. I thought this might be of some interest to some of you out there. Enjoy Richard rwright@pcsedu.com (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Newsletter

Howdy, ...check out our newsletter featuring some Lego projects built by students. (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  (canceled)

  Educational Benefits of Lego Engineering Lab

Howdy, There are many benefits to installing a Lego based engineering program in schools. I culled the following from a white paper my company has online ( (URL) ) regarding the benefits of creating a Lego engineering lab. I hope the following can (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos as a Function of Applied History

LEGO® products as a Function of Applied History... As a history teacher, I find it exciting that we can explore the history with Legos! In my experience at the PCS Centers, I have had students model ancient structures, ancient machines, or model the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos as a Function of Art

Howdy, Pat McShane the founder of PCS Edventures.COM authored a list that described various subject areas that can be taught with Lego elements. This list covered a range of topics from anthropology to zoology. One area he discussed was art. Pat (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Robot Club Held in Public Library

Howdy All, An acquaintence of mine in El Paso started a Robot Club in the Public Library. He gave me permission to post his letter to me here...I thought to share and encourage grass roots efforts like this one! ***SNIP*** Great news, the robotics (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Legos and Homeschooling

(...) <snipped text> (...) Well, I am homeschooled, but I've never really done any projects with Legos that would help in my schooling. I have always been more into the system sets rather than Technic, although I love Technic as well, it's just that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Writing A Proposal

Howdy, ...since I am in the business of setting up "Lego engineering labs," I have become very familiar with writing proposals. ( Although the most interesting was assisting a fellow writing a proposal to get a supply of Lego elements for the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Elementary Lego Mindstorm Robotics Club

Howdy, (...) At the old PCS Learning Centers, students met for 1.25 hours once a week. I have set up several labs in afterschool environments and Boys and Girls Clubs, and this seems to be a natural pattern. Some of the Boys and Girls Clubs have (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Legos and Homeschooling

Howdy, ...just attended the CHOIS 2000 Homeschool Conference at NNU in Nampa Idaho. Over the years, I have had the pleasure of working with many homeschool families, usually teaching engineering, architecure and robotics with Legos at the PCS Lab. (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jun-00, to lugnet.edu) !

  Infant Stimulation Maximises Future Opportunities

Republication of official LEGO Company press release of May 16, 2000: (URL) stimulation maximises future opportunities LEGO Company encourages putting more focus on stimulating children age 0-5. New extensive research shows that by stimulating 0-5 (...) (24 years ago, 19-May-00, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.edu, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.primo)

  Re: Writing A Proposal

Here's a web site with lots of links on the topic including that of the Oryx Press: (URL) this helps as well, -Rob. (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu)

  Writing A Proposal

I just borrowed this book from my local library. I haven't gone through every bit, but so far it's extremely helpful -- speaking here as one who's never written an official proposal. (at least not yet) Proposal Planning and Writing, second edition (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.cad.datfest, lugnet.publish, lugnet.edu)

  win LEGO MINDSTORMS robots and add-ons

Hi all, We have now released the game called Co-Evolutionary Robot Soccer Show, for which you can download the FREE software (for Windows) on the site: (URL) prizes in the competition include 2 LEGO MINDSTORMS robot kits, 4 LEGO MINDSTORMS add-on (...) (24 years ago, 2-May-00, to lugnet.edu)

  Re: Yes LEGO did make drafting paper!

In my DACTA Control Lab manuals, there are some graph papers as well. Pitsco- LEGO DACTA still sells the books ($87/set ouch!). The one titled, "Control Lab: Technology Investigations and Inventions" has paper. All 1:1 Here's the text. Invention (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

  Re: DUPLO Egg Gardening

(...) [snip] Suz, are you planning on becoming an elementary school teacher when you're done with school? I'd be envious of your students--wish my teachers had loved LEGO... --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.edu, lugnet.promo, lugnet.general)

  DUPLO Egg Gardening

Child and their DUPLO figs can watch a mini greenhouse perform magic! see photo: (URL) DUPLO Egg as a Super seed starter: - easy open and close. - short base (don't need much soil), but tall clear top. - tiny drainage holes. - air holes that can be (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-00, to lugnet.duplo, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.edu, lugnet.promo, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Yes LEGO did make drafting paper!

(...) Lego also included some sheets in early Brick Kicks magazines. The boxes in the grid were the size of a 1x1 plate. Jeff, "Thallid Lord" Save the Whales! I may get hungry later... :) ICQ #66153738 (URL) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact