 Education / 81
Re: Yes LEGO did make drafting paper!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.edu
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 15:21:52 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
TLC actually did make a drafting type paper back in the 1960's.  The
Architectural Sets (#750, #751, #752) each came with several sheets of this
paper, which looks more like graph paper.  Each box within the grid was the
size of a 1x1 brick.  The shortlived series of architectural sets were made
from 1963-65.  The one good thing about these sets is that they were the very
first LEGO sets that contained small plates (1x1, 1x2, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4 in
various colors), and might have been the reason for their introduction.
(Note: 2x8, 4x8, 6x8, and 4x8 curved plates were produced in white (only)
starting in the mid-50's for the Town Plan sets.  All other plates came after
these Architectural ones.)

TLC's old Architectural paper has the old LEGO logo in the corner.  I have a
mint #751 set with about 4 sheets of this paper.

Lego also included some sheets in early Brick Kicks magazines.  The boxes in
the grid were the size of a 1x1 plate.

Jeff, "Thallid Lord"
Save the Whales!  I may get hungry later...  :)
ICQ #66153738
http://members.xoom.com/aulddragon/